closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Affordable GMT suggestions for smaller wrists

  1. #1
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    51

    Affordable GMT suggestions for smaller wrists

    Iím in the market for a GMT watch. Iím not bothered if it is quartz or mechanical. I would rather something that had a bit of originality and wasnít just a homage to the extent of being a near copy of something else. I have smaller wrists so want to keep it with a lug to lug of 48 or less. I typically go for sub 40mm watches but am happy to try things that are bigger so long as the lug to lug is fairly compact.

    I have found one by a company called Linjer doing a gmt which appears to be a poor mans farer. I worry that this is a fashion brand and have no idea about what the quality will be. IMG_3960.jpg

    I am also tempted by the braun gmt but am not totally sold in the lugs. IMG_3965.jpg

    Any good sub £300 (preferable sub £200) gmt suggestions that fit the bill would be much appreciated.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Craftsman TimeThoughts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    907
    I've blown your budget here but there a watch that fits your bill nicely; 36mm Glycine Airman No.1 GMT.

    I picked one up for about £5/600 a couple of years back.



    Web Image

  3. #3
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Coulsdon
    Posts
    751
    L&H were trying to get one funded on Kickstarter but failed - cost was £350.

    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ery&term=L%26H

    Apparently he's going to try again later - but whereas he needed to sell 300 last time he tried he's now got a much reduced number - so hopefully will be able to achieve funding this time

  4. #4
    Master Lampoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lincs. The bit with hills.
    Posts
    4,155
    You can get a 39mmTissot Dual Time for £178 from Creation right now: https://www.creationwatches.com/prod...tch-12658.html


  5. #5
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeThoughts View Post
    I've blown your budget here but there a watch that fits your bill nicely; 36mm Glycine Airman No.1 GMT.

    I picked one up for about £5/600 a couple of years back.



    Web Image
    I love these but that would be way out of budget as you mention


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Wixams, Beds
    Posts
    554
    Seiko go some nice GMTís in various styles. Nice thing is they are travellers GMTís not office.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    591
    You could do a lot worse than one of these;
    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...-Pepsi-Reduced
    (No affiliation to seller)

  8. #8
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Zadar, Croatia
    Posts
    161
    https://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/g...-blue-red.html

    or trying on 2nd hand market

    Poslano sa mog FRD-L09 koristeći Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    192
    Orient do some sub £200.

  10. #10
    Craftsman hoopsontoast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Oxfordshire, Uk
    Posts
    606
    Might be a bit over budget but there is the (TAG) Heuer 1964 'Re-Issue' WS2113.
    Its 35mm, slim and nice GMT with Half Arabic dial.


    Heuer by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

  11. #11
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopsontoast View Post
    Might be a bit over budget but there is the (TAG) Heuer 1964 'Re-Issue' WS2113.
    Its 35mm, slim and nice GMT with Half Arabic dial.


    Heuer by Robert Seymour, on Flickr
    A beautiful option but at 4 times my budget sadly a no go for me.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Currently on sales corner


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Master zelig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cherrytown, Glos, UK
    Posts
    6,670
    Blog Entries
    66
    One of these ?



    z

  14. #14
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    One of these ?



    z
    This looks great


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    Currently on sales corner


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sadly not been on here enough for access to sales yet .


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #16
    I recently picked up a Seiko Sportura GMT SUN025 on Ebay for just under your budget. Essentially an Explorer homage, but it is quite big.

  17. #17
    Steinhart has some nice alternatives for 400 ish

  18. #18
    Master Der Amf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    9,177
    I'm not sure of the size, but the Rotary Les Originales GMT*is a good looking watch that doesn't slavishly copy something more famous. As well as coming in the usual black, it's also done in a very nice muted aquamarine.


  19. #19
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I'm not sure of the size, but the Rotary Les Originales GMT*is a good looking watch that doesn't slavishly copy something more famous. As well as coming in the usual black, it's also done in a very nice muted aquamarine.

    I have seen this before and strongly considered it. I actually own one of the Les originales chronographs and have been a little underwhelmed with the quality. Some of the subdial hands are not aligned to zero, the lume is so bad it is almost non-existant and the bracelet lacks both half links or microadjustment making correct sizing impossible. Hence my hesitation with this or their other more dress watch style GMT despite their aesthetic appeal IMG_3966.jpg


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #20
    Master Der Amf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    9,177
    Quote Originally Posted by Zook View Post
    I actually own one of the Les originales chronographs and have been a little underwhelmed with the quality. Some of the subdial hands are not aligned to zero, the lume is so bad it is almost non-existant and the bracelet lacks both half links or microadjustment making correct sizing impossible.
    That's all very disappointing to hear. I first looked the details for this watch after it caught my eye on the tube - from a couple of metres away, it looked great!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •