closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 39 of 39

Thread: Breitling 806 1959 Reedition

  1. #1
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    991

    Breitling 806 1959 Reedition


  2. #2
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    991

  3. #3
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    139
    Oh my word, that is nice. Very nice.

    John

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using TZ-UK mobile app

  4. #4
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Peterborough
    Posts
    125
    That looks absolutely fantastic!

  5. #5

    Breitling 806 1959 Reedition

    That’s absolutely tremendous... particularly happy to see more plexiglass being used...

  6. #6
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Somerset (U.k )
    Posts
    9,736
    A proper re edition kept wholly faithful to the original.

    Very appealing and one I would happily acorn on my wrists

  7. #7
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Suffolk, UK
    Posts
    399
    Although it would have been a change to the original, a display back would have been appreciated, given the movement inside it.

    Personally I wouldn't buy one tho, as the dial is as busy as they get, but it's good to see old designs being offered again just like Leica did with the M-A camera.

  8. #8
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    318
    Wow, I wonder how well these would sell, it seems like there is a strategic change from breitling where they begin to do re-editions, i wonder what else they will likely release.

  9. #9
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Surrey, UK. Odiáxere or somewhere in-between
    Posts
    6,983
    Blog Entries
    18
    Very cool. I am missing a Breitling in my house!! This would be perfect.

    Martyn.

  10. #10
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    388
    Looks very cool , the dial is a bit busy .wonder how much it would be

    Sent from my Moto G (4) using TZ-UK mobile app

  11. #11
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    South Yorkshire
    Posts
    2,025
    https://breitlingsource.com/phpBB2/v...hp?f=1&t=65506

    A link from breitlingsource with expected price of 7900 Swiss francs.
    Around 6 grand gbp.

    Think it’s quite a decent price.

    Think I will try one .

    Colin.
    Last edited by cgs; 15th March 2019 at 21:05.

  12. #12
    Approx £8600 is what I’ve seen
    Ouch
    But it’s beautiful

  13. #13
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    South Yorkshire
    Posts
    2,025
    A quid gets you 1.33 Swiss francs so around works out to £5,989.85p

    Regards

    Colin.

  14. #14
    Grand Master abraxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    31,422
    Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    It looks like there are ants crawling on the dials....

  15. #15
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    111
    A manual wind column wheel movement too!

  16. #16
    Master Sinnlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,096
    OH Wow!
    I will own one of those. If they do a cosmonate version...
    Take my money now.

  17. #17
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Surrey, UK. Odiáxere or somewhere in-between
    Posts
    6,983
    Blog Entries
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    Approx £8600 is what I’ve seen
    Ouch
    But it’s beautiful
    Really? - that's taking the cohones - or do they know something about the x-rate we don't I'd buy for around £6K but £8K no

  18. #18
    Craftsman Saxon007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    947
    This is so much nicer than the oversized Naviplatters they've been selling the last few years.

    I really hope they release a reverse panda with serrated bezel as a normal stock version rather than a limited edition (I despise LEs).

    The world needs more reasonably sized, no-date watches and this is a wonderful example. The fact that it is a manual wind is an unexpected bonus.

  19. #19
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    27,503
    Well, thats pretty much perfect. First watch I’ve REALLY wanted for some time.

  20. #20
    Master j111dja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    5,105
    A brand that has produced what the public actually want. Very nice. I want one.









    Last edited by j111dja; 16th March 2019 at 01:19.

  21. #21
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lëtzebuerg
    Posts
    15,052
    I do like love the design of the original 806 Navitimer (actually in the process of sourcing one) and am happy that Breitling finally seems to turn the corner from their disastrous strategy to only produce questionable new designs (Navitimer 8, anyone?) and ever larger variants of Navitimers and professional watches.

    So they do an exact copy of their own design from 60 years ago. Nice idea, but when I read the Fratello article one could think it was more difficult to produce a copy than the original watch. Maybe they should have outsourced the production to China? Don't get me wrong, I like the idea and the final product, but their marketing blah blah is really difficult to bear.

    Will I buy one? Nah, prefer the vintage one every day of the week. Now, who's got one and wants to sell?
    Который час в москве?

  22. #22
    I'm not really a breitling fan but those are very cool, shame about the price though.

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    I do like love the design of the original 806 Navitimer (actually in the process of sourcing one) and am happy that Breitling finally seems to turn the corner from their disastrous strategy to only produce questionable new designs (Navitimer 8, anyone?) and ever larger variants of Navitimers and professional watches.

    So they do an exact copy of their own design from 60 years ago. Nice idea, but when I read the Fratello article one could think it was more difficult to produce a copy than the original watch. Maybe they should have outsourced the production to China? Don't get me wrong, I like the idea and the final product, but their marketing blah blah is really difficult to bear.

    Will I buy one? Nah, prefer the vintage one every day of the week. Now, who's got one and wants to sell?
    The article reads in a similar tone to how Omega said they 'recreated' the Cal 321.

    On the watch itself - it's nice, yet like many re-editions, it lacks something that made the original special. A tad expensive, but it will sell out no problem.

  24. #24
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    437
    This is so nice (apart from the strap, but that's hardly a problem), it'll probably be a hit for Breitling. I was going to say they should sell these by the truckload but now I see they're limited to 1959 examples - why?

  25. #25
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    798
    Clearly in the minority’s but dial is sooooo full of .... stuff.... not my cup of tea at all.

  26. #26
    Master Skyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    6,067
    Nah(ff).

  27. #27
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    2,008
    Now that does look good. Will certainly want to see one when they are released.

  28. #28
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    1,363
    Super release and true to the original.

  29. #29
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Surrey, UK. Odiáxere or somewhere in-between
    Posts
    6,983
    Blog Entries
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by lasz View Post
    This is so nice (apart from the strap, but that's hardly a problem), it'll probably be a hit for Breitling. I was going to say they should sell these by the truckload but now I see they're limited to 1959 examples - why?
    The clue is in the number.....and the title of this thread

  30. #30
    Potential target for the carpetbaggers, this one?

  31. #31
    Master Christian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,531
    I’ve not been interested in Breitling for years until I saw this. Very, very nice. Appeals to me because I like vintage but wouldn’t buy a vintage piece.

  32. #32
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Surrey, UK. Odiáxere or somewhere in-between
    Posts
    6,983
    Blog Entries
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    Potential target for the carpetbaggers, this one?
    Not really sure how that applies?

    Carpetbagger:
    a person who makes a short-term investment in a mutualsavings or life-assurance organization in order to benefit from free shares issuedfollowing the organization's conversion to a public limitedcompany

  33. #33
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Not really sure how that applies?

    Carpetbagger:
    a person who makes a short-term investment in a mutualsavings or life-assurance organization in order to benefit from free shares issuedfollowing the organization's conversion to a public limitedcompany
    Hmm this definition doesn’t explain it either
    “a political candidate who seeks election in an area where they have no local connections.”

  34. #34
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lëtzebuerg
    Posts
    15,052
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Not really sure how that applies?

    Carpetbagger:
    a person who makes a short-term investment in a mutualsavings or life-assurance organization in order to benefit from free shares issuedfollowing the organization's conversion to a public limitedcompany
    Contemporarily speaking, the term carpetbagger refers to roving financial opportunists, often of modest means, who spot investment opportunities and aim to benefit from a set of circumstances to which they are not ordinarily entitled. (Wikipedia)

    You are welcome.
    Который час в москве?

  35. #35
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Jockland
    Posts
    337

    New release

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexM View Post
    Super release and true to the original.
    It is 2019 and I do wish for more progressive watch designs that what we have seen over the last 5 years in particular with this continuous homage to past models from a number of mid level brands, this Breitling is an attractive reissue but maybe these great designs should remain in the past and let the originals carry the legacy.

  36. #36
    Craftsman Saxon007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    947
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    It is 2019 and I do wish for more progressive watch designs that what we have seen over the last 5 years in particular with this continuous homage to past models from a number of mid level brands, this Breitling is an attractive reissue but maybe these great designs should remain in the past and let the originals carry the legacy.
    Breitling actually has a chance of getting some of my money, something that wasn't possible with their recent designs.

    As one who prefers watches with no date, printed dials and around 40mm in size I find most "progressive watch designs", especially those from Breitling, huge, blingy and unattractive.

    I'm all for resurrecting attractive designs of the past.

  37. #37
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    london
    Posts
    239
    Sorry but I'm not a fan of this, looks incredibly fussy with so much going on. Far too many markers and numerals.

  38. #38
    Apprentice aksd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    London, United Kingdom and Coorg, India
    Posts
    26
    I'm not usually a Breitling fan but this is fantastic!

  39. #39
    They are releasing a Ltd run of watches connected to Norton motorbikes... stunning

    I think they’ve got their act together with design
    But prices seem high

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •