closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega warranty cover for misaligned bezel?

Hybrid View

Omega warranty cover for misaligned bezel?

Just picked up a lovely SMPc from 2018 off a friend of a friend - it’s less than a year old from an AD in Sheffield (not my town) and have noticed that the bezel insert is not aligned with the 12 hr marker!

So, watch is well within warranty - what is my recourse?
    Contact Omega UK directly (is this possible?)
    Speak to my local AD? - I am on good terms although they will know I did not buy it from them.
    Back to the original AD in Sheffield?

Would this be covered by warranty??

I’ve had a search of old threads and cannot find anything definitive here.

Thanks for the advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Howdy,
    I sent my PO back to omega via a boutique for exactly the same thing. Had it over a year before my ocd got the better of me.
    Was away about three weeks.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Or phone Omega service direct and they will send you out an insured package to return - they should explain over the phone what they will offer to do. Always been very amenable in my experience.

Grand Master
    Definitely not aligned as it should be! I’ve been involved with the ceramic bezel models, but I’ve had plenty of dealings with the older models. Getting the bezel insert to line up exactly can be a challnge, its harder than people might think. My trick is to fit the bezel without the retaining spring and without the insert, then press the insert in place on the watch to align it perfectly. I don’t know how the ceramic inserts come apart, I can imagine they’re brittle and easy to break. It may be possible to tweak the bezel click spring to alter the alignment, that would be easier. It’s always possible that the bezel click spring has distorted slightly if someone’s tried twisting the bezel the wrong way, but its unlikely.

I’m sure the Omega service guys will be able to sort it, I would check the timekeeping too and if you’re not happy ask for it regulating at the same time. Makes it worth sending back and being without for a week or two.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Definitely not aligned as it should be! I’ve been involved with the ceramic bezel models, but I’ve had plenty of dealings with the older models. Getting the bezel insert to line up exactly can be a challnge, its harder than people might think. My trick is to fit the bezel without the retaining spring and without the insert, then press the insert in place on the watch to align it perfectly. I don’t know how the ceramic inserts come apart, I can imagine they’re brittle and easy to break. It may be possible to tweak the bezel click spring to alter the alignment, that would be easier. It’s always possible that the bezel click spring has distorted slightly if someone’s tried twisting the bezel the wrong way, but its unlikely.

I’m sure the Omega service guys will be able to sort it, I would check the timekeeping too and if you’re not happy ask for it regulating at the same time. Makes it worth sending back and being without for a week or two.
    Thanks - sage advice. I had heard that the bezel and insert were fairly inseparable (maybe just in the eyes of Swatch Group spares though) so am not going to chance messing with it myself - and am sure the ceramic is brittle as you say. My furtling about with a butter knife will probably end in tears!

I can live without it for a few weeks so will check the timing now and give them a shout in a few days.

I know some would live with it (the original owner had not even noticed!!) but it would peck away at me - see my Tudor Chrono hand thread of January for precedence! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Is it really worth the fuss? To me, it’s so minor and watches rarely benefit from being posted about, opened and fiddled with.
    But Swatch in Southampton are very helpful if you want to go ahead.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    Is it really worth the fuss? To me, it’s so minor and watches rarely benefit from being posted about, opened and fiddled with.
    But Swatch in Southampton are very helpful if you want to go ahead.
    In what way is it not worth the fuss? It sticks out like a sore thumb! The watch doesn't need to be opened, and if a watch can't handle a trip in the post then it's probably not worth wearing in the first place.

Craftsman
    I once refused a PO from an ad because of the same problem. Seems a fairly common issue with omega?? They replaced it with a freshly ordered one, no problem. Not sure if they returned the faulty bezel one to omega, or just sold it to someone that didn't notice though!!

I'm pretty sure any omega ad should deal with a warranty return for you as long as you have a valid warranty card. If it's a big chain though, it would make sense to take it there if you have one locally.

Craftsman
    I would contact Omega Southampton directly. They are excellent in my experience. No issues regarding warranty whatsoever. You should get it done and returned in about a month but I’d check when phoning. It’s a good idea to get it regulated at the same time as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk