closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Morgage advice

Master

Morgage advice

Just looking for some general advice - running through scenarios in my mind
    I'm approaching 51 and due to a marital separation I'm 'thinking' of buying a home for myself- My wife is occupying the family house with our 2 girls (both in their 20's)
    I'm not keen on selling the house until they are both ready to leave home so looking to get a mortgage (maybe) in my own name.
    I have no debt and no mortgage- family house is currently worth around £300K
    If I do manage to get enough to purchase a property can (if I'm not tied into a fixed rate) pay off the mortgage when I sell our family home??
    Thanks

Morgage advice

You can pay off your mortgage at any time including during a fixed rate tie in.

Outside the tie in there’ll be no early repayment charge but during the tie in there will be. Usually a percentage for every year (or part thereof probably) left of the fixed rate deal.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    You can pay off your mortgage at any time including during a fixed rate tie in.

Outside the tie in there’ll be no early repayment charge but during the tie in there will be. Usually a percentage for every year (or part thereof probably) left of the fixed rate deal.
    Thanks - thats the answer I was looking for