closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: ebay listing copied (along with photo's)

Master

ebay listing copied (along with photo's)

Long story short I was browsing Seiko watches on ebay and found someone selling a watch identical to one I sold a few weeks ago, except his is the bi-metal model.

The title stood out because it was exactly the same as mine, so I clicked the listing and sure enough the listing is the same, word for word.
    It's happened before - it's annoying but hardly the end of the world, most sincere form of flattery I suppose - but this seller has used some of my pictures too.

I wouldn't mind, my pictures are average at best, but it doesn't sit right that he's using photo's from another listing to sell his watch. Anything more expensive and I would think something underhand was going on.

Like I say it's not the end of the world, it's a 50 quid Seiko, but even so I've asked him if he would remove it and re-write the listing and so far I've been ignored.
    eBay do have a "report item" button, but there is no option for plagarism or whatever this classes as.

Should I just send him an invoice for 20 quid and tell him he's welcome to use my description?

(Joking by the way, It's the pictures I'm more concerned about).

Craftsman
    I would more likely suspect fraud than laziness

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Master
    Very common practice. I have seen and reported lots of fraudulent motorcycle listings but given up as they just keep on coming, usually in large batches. I wonder if someone has programmed a bot to do this as there are so many.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    I would more likely suspect fraud than laziness

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I can't see that for such a cheap item. His first image isn't one of mine, so I presume he took a picture of his own then padded it with mine.

Master
    This happened to me selling a watch too I messaged them and asked why and it turns out they had been lazy and just took it down and made a proper ad, don’t think there was any malice just pure idleness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Still worth reporting for fraud as the pictures are not of the item he is selling. That is more than plagiarism

Master
    I'd report it as 'copyright & trademark' > 'counterfeit item' because at least you could report it with the link to your original listing.

If you try and report as fraud (you could do that as well) there is no box to add explanation.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    This happened to me selling a watch too I messaged them and asked why and it turns out they had been lazy and just took it down and made a proper ad, don’t think there was any malice just pure idleness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Done it myself a couple of times,out of sheer lazyness.
    Plus the fact im painfully bad at photography.
    Theres never been anything underhand,and ive had it done to myself too.
    Ive sold an item and months later seen it up for sale at what i sold it for.
    I wouldnt have recognised it as my watch ordinarily,but for the fact that he used my entire advert.
    You know me Kev,as we have done many deals,im 100% honest,but sometimes lazy ten per cent of the time.

I’ve done similar with motorcycle parts because it’s quicker. It saves trawling through all the hoops you have to hump through before you actually get to listing an item.

I always use my own photos and description though.

If he's hotlinked your pictures rather than copied them, rename another image to appear on his listing. I've used this one a couple of times when it's happened to me.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

^ that made me laugh. Genius idea!