closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Where/what to buy - micro clasp adjustment spring bar

Where/what to buy - micro clasp adjustment spring bar

Late last night I pinged the spring bar from the Clasp in my Breitling Heritage clasp across the room while trying to change to one of the other micro adjustment holes.

It’s been years since I’ve done something similar when adjusting between the micro holes an old style pressed steel Rolex clasp, but those days my local AD just went out back and got a replacement and seconds later I was on my way.

So… there is no sign of it this morning, and as a replacement part I have no idea what I’m really looking for, or where I can buy a replacement - Cousins (if I can narrow down what they describe the spring bar as…?).

We have no Breitling AD on island, and the AD I called said I would have to bring the watch in to them :(
    Last edited by Omegamanic; 4th August 2023 at 09:28.

Where/what to buy - micro clasp adjustment spring bar

Stupid question:
    It is it not just a normal spring bar of the required width? (Some times they are shoulderless bars)
    All older clasps I have use a standard spring bar.
    If you pop put a picture of both the clasp and the bracelet end where the bar is missing, we might be able to give better advice.
    Edit
    I thought I would double check by taking a generic bracelet I have to hand apart

It’s a normal spring bar
    I am presuming the Breitling would be the same
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 4th August 2023 at 11:16.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Maybe invest in a 50kg Neodymium.

It should be a standard spring bar in whatever width the clasp is, so probably about 20mm if you have any spare lying around?

Thank you all!

I have at least 100 assorted spring bars in different sizes from 18mm-22mm, but none fit through the hole where the bracelet link attaches to the clasp. So it must need a thin spring bar? When I was removing it, from memory it did look different though - as there where no ridges to use a spring bar tool, just smooth all the way to the edge and needed to be pushed through the outside hole to retract the bar - but they were completely flush. All my spring bars look like they would stick out a little if they’d fit.

The clasp does look like the same style as micro adjustments on the pic in the 2nd post though.

Looks like the clasp on the 154A bracelet has an 18mm wide clasp
    Last edited by Omegamanic; 4th August 2023 at 12:18.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Bry1975 View Post
    Maybe invest in a 50kg Neodymium.
    Probably a good idea for the future :)

I’m usually quite careful, but got home late and some additional links had arrived in the post, and I was trying to rush things before bed :(

Sounds like “short bead” thin 1.1mm or 1.3mm 18mm width spring bars might be what I’m looking for.

I’ll order a few and see if one does the trick

Cheers