closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Los Gigantes Tenerife !

Master

Los Gigantes Tenerife !

I thought that we might have some time in the sun but it seems that this place is "sick".
    https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_...y_Islands.html
    It seems that the Los Gigantes region has been making people unwell for a number of years. (2011, 2013, 2016, 2018, 2019) It's not just the Sensimar hotels. The more you look, the more you find out. I'm amazed that it's still going on after all these years!
    https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_...2&ff=381514445
    Last edited by tixntox; 13th March 2019 at 17:33.

Thanks for posting, we've been thinking of a short break in the next few weeks, this looks like a good place to miss.

n2
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Adeje for me ,you can’t go wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post

Nice beaches.

Los Cristianos for me have a place for get always.

Grand Master

+1, stayed at Costa Adeje a couple of times and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Master
    ...................... it's spreading!
    https://www.facebook.com/search/str/...epa=SEARCH_BOX

Master
    We also go to Adeje, but drive up this way when going to Playa Arena - proper black sand beach and well worth a visit. Sounds like we don’t want to eat locally though!

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    +1, stayed at Costa Adeje a couple of times and thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Yep another fan, we've been to the Bahia Princess and Guayarmina Princess several times now (the Bahia better for couples),.
    Always a nice stroll in the evening to Playa Del Duque for a drink, then of course look at the posh watches in Plaza Del Duque shopping centre :)

Journeyman
    Gran Meliá, it’s in a small fishing village a few miles down from los gigantos but beautiful spot. Much preferable to the busy areas. Well situated to explore the likes of masca.

Master

Yup, going there again this year.

the southern tip is a bit gammon/ex-pat/irish pub/fish and chips IMHO. there is so much more to Tenerife than the beach.
    have stayed in Villaflor, San Cristobal, Santa cruz, Anaza, Oratrava and small villages in Anaga. beautiful island and more to it than a waterpark and tourist shops.
    personally I can stand being near other brits on holiday but i guess thats just me.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    the southern tip is a bit gammon/ex-pat/irish pub/fish and chips IMHO. there is so much more to Tenerife than the beach.
    have stayed in Villaflor, San Cristobal, Santa cruz, Anaza, Oratrava and small villages in Anaga. beautiful island and more to it than a waterpark and tourist shops.
    personally I can stand being near other brits on holiday but i guess thats just me.
    Rather a sweeping generalisation I think?
    Most of the hotels around Playa de Fanabe and Playa del Duque (top end of costa Adeje) are 4 & 5 stars, with probably more Germans than Brits?? Certainly no pubs and chip shops around that area.
    Now the area along Playa de las Americas is another matter entirely:)

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    I'm with you.

Tenerife is lovely. We go every year and rent a flat in Santa Cruz and take day trips around the island for a week.

Costa Adeje has the nicest beaches in the South and we'll spend a day there, it used to be lovely but it's mostly obnoxious Russians. Los Christianos and Las Americas have no charm whatsoever. Fish and chips, sunburn and mobility scooters.

There is excellent diving to be had around Los Gigantes, it has the most varied amount of sea life I've seen throughout the Canaries.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by odyseus10 View Post
    Yep another fan, we've been to the Bahia Princess and Guayarmina Princess several times now (the Bahia better for couples),.
    Always a nice stroll in the evening to Playa Del Duque for a drink, then of course look at the posh watches in Plaza Del Duque shopping centre :)

Bought my first ever Rolex there - a Sea Dweller must have been 2007 or 2008. Happy days !!

maseman

Quote Originally Posted by maseman View Post
    Bought my first ever Rolex there - a Sea Dweller must have been 2007 or 2008. Happy days !!

maseman
    Last August I asked about a sd43 ,they said if I paid then I would get it for Xmas but I’d have to pick it up ,I was tempted but who knows what’s going to happen when you’ve paid your money.
    I thought trying to get a refund if it never turned up would be a right hassle,but it’s definitely a place I like to browse.