closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex Deepsea & Rubber B strap fitting

Craftsman

Rolex Deepsea & Rubber B strap fitting

I have a Rubber B strap waiting to be fitted to my Deepsea, the challenge i have is trying to get the original bracelet off without scratching the case.. I have the tools, but it seems no idea.. Any hints or tips would be gratefully received.

I must have changed rubber b straps on a Deepsea 20 times. Are you pushing in both sides of the spring bar at the same time? Do you have a bergeon 7825 or equivalent as you may need 3 hands otherwise - the bracelet can be a tight fit between the lugs so you need to push both sides of the pin in, hold the watch head firmly, and at the same time pull the bracelet away from the lugs (without letting go of those pins - I’ve seen nibbled lugs as folks let go and the spring bar collar catches the machined sharp lug edge. Sounds easy doesn’t it!

Btw, last time I was rolex st james the tech told me that they refuse to work on rolex watches with rubber b as they can be very tricky. I personally don’t find them hard now but i’ve Had lots of practice. Go slowly, mask everything up, wear magnification, good lighting. Good luck.
    Last edited by tz-uk73; 16th March 2019 at 18:36.

I tried to visit the Rubber B site today and My McAfee stopped me stating it was a dodgy site. Not had that before.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by tz-uk73 View Post
    I must have changed rubber b straps on a Deepsea 20 times. Are you pushing in both sides of the spring bar at the same time? Do you have a bergeon 7825 or equivalent as you may need 3 hands otherwise - the bracelet can be a tight fit between the lugs so you need to push both sides of the pin in, hold the watch head firmly, and at the same time pull the bracelet away from the lugs (without letting go of those pins - I’ve seen nibbled lugs as folks let go and the spring bar collar catches the machined sharp lug edge. Sounds easy doesn’t it!

Btw, last time I was rolex st james the tech told me that they refuse to work on rolex watches with rubber b as they can be very tricky. I personally don’t find them hard now but i’ve Had lots of practice. Go slowly, mask everything up, wear magnification, good lighting. Good luck.
    Thanks, I have Bergeron tool, but still struggled. I will try again following your instructions. Hopefully it works.