closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Panic buying pre-Brexit?

Hybrid View

Panic buying pre-Brexit?

Anyone from within the UK trying to get deals done for watches in the EU pre Brexit?
    If so, I'd appreciate you sharing your logic! There are one or two watches I like the look of that aren't readily available in UK......

Craftsman

Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim63 View Post
    Anyone from within the UK trying to get deals done for watches in the EU pre Brexit?
    If so, I'd appreciate you sharing your logic! There are one or two watches I like the look of that aren't readily available in UK......
    I think when it comes to panic buying, watches would not be too high on anyones list of necessity but certainly the watch market could look somewhat different in the UK when or if we break with the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    I think when it comes to panic buying, watches would not be too high on anyones list of necessity but certainly the watch market could look somewhat different in the UK when or if we break with the EU.
    Quite so. After all no one really needs a watch.......but if you were planning to make an unnecessary purchase, has the looming issue of Brexit made you anxious to get the deal done before 31st March? Apologies if my question was too woolly.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim63 View Post
    Quite so. After all no one really needs a watch.......but if you were planning to make an unnecessary purchase, has the looming issue of Brexit made you anxious to get the deal done before 31st March? Apologies if my question was too woolly.
    I think you would be too late, Brexit is the 29th March !

Blog Entries
    I’ve done the opposite and sold most off my high end collection incase the market crashes

Master
    Blog Entries
    Well, I guess the worry would be the pound will tank so anything bought in Euros would cost more in relative terms.
    To be honest though, we'll be so busy building all those hospitals with the extra £350M per week that I don't there'll be any time for watches.

Craftsman
    Yep I’ve got a watch coming around 2 months time. I hope it is here before brexit is finalised and another currency correction related price rise.

I'm stockpiling stainless steel Rolex Professional models in case there's a sudden unexpected shortage after Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC102 View Post
    I'm stockpiling stainless steel Rolex Professional models in case there's a sudden unexpected shortage after Brexit.
    Good plan, I hear Rolex are exiting the UK post Brexit anyway!

I will admit to compiling a Cousins order with delivery to Berlin this week just in case.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

I’m stocking up on Camembert cheese. Watches not so much.

Dont know about buying but the sale of tin foil hats seems to be doing a roaring trade these days.

With another commons defeat tonight for Ms May, I imagine this and other nice areas will be discussed ad nauseam on the Brexit thread just now. I say “I imagine”, cos wild horses couldn’t drag me to read it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    With another commons defeat tonight for Ms May, I imagine this and other nice areas will be discussed ad nauseam on the Brexit thread just now. I say “I imagine”, cos wild horses couldn’t drag me to read it.
    No, they are just arguing like toddlers as normal and hardly mention brexit anymore 😂

Well I do like a bacon butty!