closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: ETA 251.232 availability

ETA 251.232 availability

My Breitling was recently sent off to Breitling to have the battery changed, with the obligatory seal replacement etc.

The jeweller has been in touch to advise that Breitling have informed them that, having inspected it, the maintenance service requested will not be sufficient, but instead the watch needs a complete service at a suitably eye watering price. They also suggested that I ought to have a new bracelet and no doubt they'd add the cost of new hands etc too.

I'm tempted to first get it back and put a new battery in myself (requesting that Breitling only put the back on hand tight, not tightened by a gorilla tight), just to see what happens. If however the movement is now dead which I think is the suggestion (I'm assuming that they simply replace the movement rather than repairing it), would it be possible to source the ETA movement without recourse to Breitling?

The non-thermoline version (I think) the 262, and then 264 are readily available on Ebay for about £100 all in.
    232, I think not (usually)
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    The non-thermoline version (I think) the 262, and then 264 are readily available on Ebay for about £100 all in.
    232, I think not (usually)
    Dave
    Cheers, Dave, it looks like there might be an alternative to spending lots with Breitling then!