closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Breitling Top Time - Help Please

Journeyman

Breitling Top Time - Help Please

Hello, could anyone help with providing information on how I could find out more about this Breitling top time Chronograph reference 2000 serial 1016*** manual wind movement, black dial with baton hour markers, subsidiary recorder dials. I would like to know more about the watch, age, value/rarity and any servicing if anyone might be able to offer guidance.
    Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dejay View Post

Hello, could anyone help with providing information on how I could find out more about this Breitling top time Chronograph reference 2000 serial 1016*** manual wind movement, black dial with baton hour markers, subsidiary recorder dials. I would like to know more about the watch, age, value/rarity and any servicing if anyone might be able to offer guidance.
    Many thanks

The Top Time 2000 was produced from about 1964 and your serial number dates your watch to 1965. Its movement will be a Venus 188 cam lever chronograph or Valjoux 7730 (which is basically a rebranded Venus 188). Value is probably of the order of £1500+ I would guess. Servicing ought to be straightforward enough, excepting possible difficulties with proprietary Breitling bits such as the shock settings on the balance. If you want to know a bit more about these watches, then I wrote three posts documenting my own experience restoring a Top Time 2002 from 1965 (all three of which linked here).

Martin

Journeyman
    Many thanks Martin . That’s great and very helpful