closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Accidentally bought a Tudor Black Bay 41

Accidentally bought a Tudor Black Bay 41

Whoops.

Long story short, just moved compounds here in Doha, a new American neighbour is a bit of a watch nerd like me, got talking, he was thinking of moving on his Black Bay 41 in order to buy a Damasko. Brief chat about numbers, and here we go.

I really like it. I like the size, the big crown, the strong hands and lume. I think it's a good size for me, and it's comfortable. I don't know whether it's a keeper yet, but it's another good watch from Tudor. And compared to the Explorer (its most onbvious rival) it comes out well. I know it's ETA, rather than in-house, but, still...

Master
    Cracking watch, one I’d love to own as well. Only problem is, with 2 Black Bays in the box already, 3 seems a tad excessive!!

That’s a happy accident, and a handsome, versatile, well-made watch.

The ETA movement isn’t really a negative for me - for a start, it’s the ‘Top’ Grade, then it’s further modified for Tudor’s use. Lacking in glamour maybe, but otherwise it’ll do its job well & without fuss.

Great pickup; I was eyeing one up in the AD’s window just this morning.

Like you say, it’s a great alternative to the Explorer.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    Whoops.

Long story short, just moved compounds here in Doha, a new American neighbour is a bit of a watch nerd like me, got talking, he was thinking of moving on his Black Bay 41 in order to buy a Damasko. Brief chat about numbers, and here we go.

I really like it. I like the size, the big crown, the strong hands and lume. I think it's a good size for me, and it's comfortable. I don't know whether it's a keeper yet, but it's another good watch from Tudor. And compared to the Explorer (its most onbvious rival) it comes out well. I know it's ETA, rather than in-house, but, still...

"Accidentally" huh? I have to try that one on my wife to see how it plays! Nice pickup. You may be on your way to being a bit of a watch nerd as well!

I’d like to try one of these, I found the Explorer just a tad too small for me in the end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Too flat and long for my 18cm wrist which was VERY annoying as they’re great looking watches!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Looks brilliant

Craftsman
    I’ve also been thinking about these. Tried the 36 in an AD this morning but it’s too small. They also had a blue 41 which is really nice, bit of an Aqua Tera vibe but half the price!

Has made me even more confused as I’d convinced myself that the BB58 was the one for me. No doubt I’ll be further conflicted after Basel...

Nice pickup Walter, wear it in health.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Master
    That's just..lovely that is! Sounds like a happy accident ;)

Master
    I’ve just bought one from a forum member and he’s left me with a serious problem as no other watch is getting a look in. By far the majority of my watches are Omegas but have to say all thoughts of buying an Aqua Terra or Railmaster have ended. Also no need now for an Explorer or smooth Bezel Datejust. The watch really does cover all bases. You’ve done a good job of the photos as generally it’s one of those watches that is far better in real life.

Accidentally?! Slip & bought

Poslano sa mog FRD-L09 koristeći Tapatalk

Thank you for the comments.

I've always liked dog-shaped dogs. Not necessarily pure breeds, but a dog that looks as if it were drawn by a child to be the ultimate expression of what a dog is. An Ur-dog, the platonic ideal of a dog. And I think this watch has something of that about it. I don't mean that it's a dog, but that it's a watch. It's a watch-shaped watch. OK, it's a little large, at 41mm, and the snowflake hands are a strong flavour, but it's a watch. It tells the time. no fuss, no frills. I like it a lot, despite it being hard to photograph!

Its simple, elegant, casual, dressy, classic and totally original (tudor).
    Great choice, enjoj

Poslano sa mog FRD-L09 koristeći Tapatalk

I have this watch, but the 36mm version. I love it, as I recall this model was one of the hits at Basel upon release. If I could change one thing though, I would liked to have seen a brushed bezel instead of polished.

Cheers

Nice accident!! ahah

It's a good watch - I've not worn anything else all week!