closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SPEEDBIRD GMT PRS-22 GMT; Any Chance of a Comeback?

Apprentice

SPEEDBIRD GMT PRS-22 GMT; Any Chance of a Comeback?

While searching through the Timefactors website I came across the Speedbird PRS-22 GMT. Unfortunately, this watch is listed as sold out. Curiously, it is not listed as discontinued like some other watches on the site. A Google here and a Google there revealed that this watch is allegedly not in production because of the inability to source the ETA movements. I knew when I read a few years ago that ETA was planning to limit the availability of movements in order to stifle the competition that it would haunt me someday, and it has!

I know that Eddie is active on the forum. My question to him, or to anyone else who may care to answer is, are there any plans to bring back the PRS-22? Does Sellita or some other company perhaps make a suitable GMT movement that can be used? This is a cool watch that deserves more than 200 owners!

Anyway, just wondering.

Apprentice
    Can't answer your question but I think ETA has walked back on their previous threats. There is speculation that they did it just to force competitors to sink $ into capacity against future scarcity before they turned the taps back on and undercut them.