closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Active self protection.....being robbed of a Rolex

Master
    Sorry but your statement on statistics are all but worthless. When you say murders are 3 times as high, on what basis do you claim that ?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    Sorry but your statement on statistics are all but worthless. When you say murders are 3 times as high, on what basis do you claim that ?
    UNODC statistics :- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._homicide_rate

To save you looking, UK 1.2 intentional homicides per 100,000 inhabitants; India 3.22 per 100,000 inhabitants

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    I suppose I’m one of those people you mention above. As you can tell from the photo below I’m wearing a Submariner. I bought it because I like its “iconic design”.

Astonishingly nobody noticed it earlier when I went to the pub for Sunday lunch, which was a bit disappointing as I’d really bought it to impress.

Sent from cloud cuckoo land.
    Ah...so you have those magic sleeves that never ride up?

I'm finding it hard to tell the time on your sub through your sleeve - do you not find that you have to expose its face in order to read it? If you did so, say, in a pub, then lm pretty confident I'd notice it - l generally do notice people's watches - especially rolex - and l dare say a thief of a certain skill set would notice it too.

Do you wear that jumper on blazing hot days too?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RickS View Post

To save you looking, UK 1.2 intentional homicides per 100,000 inhabitants; India 3.22 per 100,000 inhabitants
    Yes and nearly all homicides are in what you could call the lower caste population.

You and I are far from being included in those stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    Yes and nearly all homicides are in what you could call the lower caste population.

You and I are far from being included in those stats.
    I suppose having "protection" following 6ft behind one would corrupt those statistics somewhat...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbongo View Post
    I suppose having "protection" following 6ft behind one would corrupt those statistics somewhat...
    Yes I think that is pretty obvious.

However, there are hardly any reported incidences of British citizens being mugged, beaten up or murdered in India.

Quote Originally Posted by RickS View Post

Wow! All these people getting killed for Rolexes!

From the same link:

Research suggests that intentional homicide demographics are affected by changes in trauma care, leading to changed lethality of violent assaults, so the intentional homicide rate may not necessarily indicate the overall level of societal violence.
    This link gives a better picture:

https://www.nationmaster.com/country...-Kingdom/Crime
    Last edited by RAJEN; 12th March 2019 at 02:54.

Active self protection.....being robbed of a Rolex

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Keep a look out in Barcelona too (I speak from personal bitter experience).

Strangely, I feel perfectly safe in London though - perhaps I am more familiar with what to look out for.

M.
    My boss just came back from Barcelona minus his 10 year Rolex Sub, couple of guys bumped into him then asked for a photo, shook his hand and his wife said make sure you have your wallet, wallet still there but his Rolex Sub wasn’t...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post

If I had to rank the foreign cities I’ve visited in terms of concern over personal welfare, Barcelona would likely be at the top of my list too, closely followed by Philadelphia and Nairobi. Jeddah, Beirut and St Petersburg felt the safest. Every city, though, has its bad areas.
    I don't think Philadelphia is a particularly dangerous city, as far as large urban cities go. San Francisco is worse.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    You can’t be serious? The chance of being murdered in India is three times as high. And that’s with a less developed set of statistics. And are you aware of the levels of crime against women?
    Spent a decade back and forth all over India.
    Totally safe , had Rolex , Omega , B&R , Tag on my wrist the entire time and never had an issue. I had a leather jacket stolen at Mumbai airport once after I literally left it for a minute to get my food order.

Resorted to fisticuffs twice , once to protect a colleagues wife from a perving drunk who wouldn’t take no for an answer.

Once when a rikshaw walla went for me with a brick after I got fed up with his magical mystery tour and gott out refusing to pay. Cop arrived at the second one luckily had seen the brick incident so I was in the clear , gave the driver a few good slaps as well for good measure.