closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega bracelet and strap pricing

Craftsman

Omega bracelet and strap pricing

As you may be aware from a previous thread I started, I bought the new Omega SMP 300 in blue on bracelet last week.....and what a stunner it is, I would recommend it to any dive watch enthusiast.....but that is not the purpose of this thread....

I bought the watch on the bracelet rather than the OEM rubber strap,as any watch enthusiast would recommend, with the objective of buying the strap later. At the time of the watch purchase, Goldsmiths confirmed that after a brief discussion with Omega, the strap was £220 to buy separately and can be ordered via Goldsmiths for me as they are an AD. However I’d have to go in store to place the order and pay up front and there was an approximate lead time of three weeks

Fast forward to today, I go into Goldsmiths and try one of the SMP’s on that comes on the strap just to confirm the fit before ordering......”ah Jim we tried to call you earlier, we have spoken to Omega today, their new pricing for the SMP rubber strap is now £550”

£550 for a bleeping rubber strap. It’s a good strap, but bleep me that’s steep.....where’s the diamonds on it?

Anyway they go on to tell me that the new bracelet for it, which again is fantastic, if bought separately is around £700 to buy. He also said that the new pricing for the latest PO black rubber / orange strap on deployant is around £600

These new prices are outrageous and a massive uplift. Anyone know anything about this?

Once again, confirmation if ever needed, get your watch on a bracelet and in the case of Omega at least, stick to aftermarket straps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jimmer42; 6th March 2019 at 16:58.

Craftsman

Henk, I think you may be missing the point of my thread.
    I’m not complaining about the deal I got and I would have done what you suggested if I knew I was going to get the strap at the time. That’s not an issue, I just won’t buy one now

The point I’m making is that Omega have raised the price by over 150% in one hit and that the price is ridiculous for what it is. I also thought it would be good to share the information with the forum to a) possibly validate the new price b) let people know that this relates to OEM bracelets and straps in the wider context and c) might lead to some interesting commentary and discussion rather than the usual can I wear my diver in the shower or why are Rolex wanting to remove my stickers type threads......by the way Goldsmiths did that as well for my SMP when sizing the bracelet

Last edited by jimmer42; 6th March 2019 at 17:33.

Master
    I think Goldsmiths are taking the Micky out of you. I have just rang the Onega boutique in Bond Street. Strap and buckle are two parts. The strap is £185 and the buckle £35. Buckle is on backorder currently.

Simon

Master
    I was, similarly, going to ask if it was just conceivable that Goldsmiths might be mistaken...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom-P View Post
    I was, similarly, going to ask if it was just conceivable that Goldsmiths might be mistaken...
    I think it’s unlikely that this is the case as they were quoting the exact same £220 last week and as an Omega AD, I can’t believe they are deliberately trying it on. They did state this has come from Omega, literally today....I will check it out though

Master
    I have spoken to two Omega London Boutiques both have stated the same £220 for rubber strap, the actual metal bracelet is reasonably priced.
    Last edited by shoppy; 6th March 2019 at 22:47.

Craftsman
    I ordered the blue strap and buckle earlier this week. AD looked up the price there and then and it's still £220.

Maybe GS just can't be arsed to order in for you? My local GS have form for it and make up plumbers quotes on the spot.

Try another dealer OP

Master
    In my opinion the price quoted are only as good as the sales person.

Years ago I had a navitimer heritage with the integrated bracelet. A young lady in Goldsmiths said I could get a strap made by Omega to fit the teeth and she would put the order in for me and it would be around 150 at the time.

Anyway I ring up around 3 weeks later and spoke to another person in store who actually seemed to know what they were talking about and he informed me nothing had been ordered as omega don't do a strap to fit the integrated bracelet and the idea they would make a bespoke for me crazy.

I pulled him saying that's what I was told and I saw the lady typing it into the computer. He just said yes she's hasn't got a clue about watches she normally works on the jewellery counter.

Journeyman
    Interested to hear the outcome of this. I've ordered an the AT rubber strap, deplyant and end links from Bond Street OB. Been over a week and not a reply but was told £180 for the strap the same for the clasp and they would get the the links for free!! Might have to give them a chase tomorrow to see what they say price and lead times on this. I will say they are one of the most friendly and welcoming stores I've dealt with.

Master
    I went to the Regent St OB yesterday to ask about getting a 9800005 for my 2254. I was told that it wouldn't fit as it was made for the Planet Ocean - what I wanted apparently was the 980000XY at £185 for the rubber strap & another £185 for the deployant...
    I wasn't brave enough to ask him if the bracelet from the Seamaster 300 would fit my Moonwatch (does anyone know?)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    In my opinion the price quoted are only as good as the sales person.

Years ago I had a navitimer heritage with the integrated bracelet. A young lady in Goldsmiths said I could get a strap made by Omega to fit the teeth and she would put the order in for me and it would be around 150 at the time.

Anyway I ring up around 3 weeks later and spoke to another person in store who actually seemed to know what they were talking about and he informed me nothing had been ordered as omega don't do a strap to fit the integrated bracelet and the idea they would make a bespoke for me crazy.

I pulled him saying that's what I was told and I saw the lady typing it into the computer. He just said yes she's hasn't got a clue about watches she normally works on the jewellery counter.
    I’m really wishing I hadn’t started this thread now
    Goldsmiths are an Omega AD and they said they had had a conversation with Omega directly today where they were informed of new pricing for this and a number of other oem straps and bracelets.....I may be incredibly naive but when the member of staff gives me a number of specific updates on a number of products it seems a bit of reach to invent such a story just because they can’t be arsed, particularly as they had previously contacted Omega for me to get the £220 price they had quoted and then tried to phone me this morning to advise me of the change so I didn’t need to drive into Southampton. Also as an AD I find it hard to understand why they would invent such a story knowing im a watch hobbiest who frequents forums such as this and is likely to follow it up.

We shall see though?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmer42 View Post
    Goldsmiths are an Omega AD and they said they had had a conversation with Omega directly today where they were informed of new pricing for this and a number of other oem straps and bracelets.....I may be incredibly naive but when the member of staff gives me a number of specific updates on a number of products it seems a bit of reach to invent such a story just because they can’t be arsed, particularly as they had previously contacted Omega for me to get the £220 price they had quoted and then tried to phone me this morning to advise me of the change so I didn’t need to drive into Southampton. Also as an AD I find it hard to understand why they would invent such a story knowing im a watch hobbiest who frequents forums such as this and is likely to follow it up.

We shall see though?

Craftsman
    Goldsmiths are an Omega AD and they said they had had a conversation with Omega directly today where they were informed of new pricing for this and a number of other oem straps and bracelets.....I may be incredibly naive but when the member of staff gives me a number of specific updates on a number of products it seems a bit of reach to invent such a story just because they can’t be arsed, particularly as they had previously contacted Omega for me to get the £220 price they had quoted and then tried to phone me this morning to advise me of the change so I didn’t need to drive into Southampton. Also as an AD I find it hard to understand why they would invent such a story knowing im into my watches, talked at length to the sales staff about watches in general, frequents forums such as this and is likely to follow it up.

We shall see though?

Master

We shall see though?

I think jimmer, to be fair, most of us aren't alleging / imagining subterfuge, invention, or skullduggery on their part - nor therefore naivete on yours - but rather simple human error / incompetence. Yes Goldsmiths are an AD but they are also, err, Goldsmiths. (Hat on standby to be eaten with piri-piri sauce, of course.)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom-P View Post
    I think jimmer, to be fair, most of us aren't alleging / imagining subterfuge, invention, or skullduggery on their part - nor therefore naivete on yours - but rather simple human error / incompetence. Yes Goldsmiths are an AD but they are also, err, Goldsmiths. (Hat on standby to be eaten with piri-piri sauce, of course.)
    Fair point and I know what you mean regarding Goldsmiths generally.
    It just doesn’t seem to tally with the level of product knowledge they appeared to have and the level of effort they seemed to be going to. I will phone Omega tomorrow to get to the bottom of this and report back

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    Absurd prices I agree. However I would have negotiated a bundle price for the watch + bracelet + strap before handing over any cash. I'm sure they would have accommodated you to secure a sale. Once you've handed the cash over it's too late & you have no leverage!
    I would have probably tried this in the first instance.

Annoying about subsequent uplift (or not, as hopefully will become apparent).

Regarding the info relayed to you, I’d probably take that with a degree of salt. I’ve been into Rolex St.James four times in the last nine months for various reasons, and each time out of interest I’ve enquired the cost of a replacement bezel for a 16610LV. I’ve had four very different responses just about policy, not to mention different prices.

Master
    They may have quoted you wrong as the bracelet is just over £500. I may order a spare one to see if it fits any of my other Onega watches.
    Last edited by shoppy; 7th March 2019 at 14:48.

Craftsman
    Quick update, I’ve just spoken to the Omega boutique in Sloane Street London and they have confirmed that new price lists came into effect yesterday. He is going to check the price and call me back but could not believe it would be £550 for the rubber strap

Journeyman
    I purchased a ceramic/titanium deployant clasp with a leather strap for 600 a couple of months ago so I would be very surprised if they were charging 550 just for a rubber strap now, madness!

Craftsman
    Quick update, I’ve just spoken to the Omega boutique in Sloane Street London and they have confirmed that new price lists came into effect yesterday. He is going to check the price and call me back but could not believe it would be £550 for the rubber strap

The boutique have confirmed that the rubber strap cost is unchanged at £220 inc pin buckle.

It’s fair to say I’m pretty annoyed with Goldsmiths and will be discussing this with them in due course

Apologies for the mis information on here, although done with the best of intentions

Cheers
    Jim

Master
    Good news though. The one thing more likely than a massive Omega price-hike was Goldsmiths misinformation!

Craftsman
    Pleased you got it sorted in the end Jim. Was going to say try Gary @ Watch Obsession he's usually pretty handy with this kind of thing but no need by the sounds of things.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by WillHarris2306 View Post
    Pleased you got it sorted in the end Jim. Was going to say try Gary @ Watch Obsession he's usually pretty handy with this kind of thing but no need by the sounds of things.
    Hi Will,
    Thanks for the recommendation, might take you up on this

COYS!

Craftsman
    Hi Will,
    Thanks for the recommendation, might take you up on this

COYS!

You're local Jim, didn't spot that!

P.s. lovely watch Jim i'm jealous (although i have an SM 2254 which i'll never sell!).
    Last edited by WillHarris2306; 9th March 2019 at 07:48.

Anyone know the Omega part number for the blue rubber strap? I Can't find it on the Omega website.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

crazy pricing, i once paid £130 for an omega leather strap in brown. It felt on a par with a 30 quid hirsch. Good but not worth what i paid.

I have bought the new Seamaster 300m on a bracelet and an extra rubber strap for £3400. Didn't you get a discount when buying? I have to admit still waiting for the rubber strap lol

Quote Originally Posted by greenalien View Post
    I have bought the new Seamaster 300m on a bracelet and an extra rubber strap for £3400. Didn't you get a discount when buying? I have to admit still waiting for the rubber strap lol
    I bought it pre-owned recently and came on bracelet. I will call few boutiques around to see if they have it in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigeyp View Post
    crazy pricing, i once paid £130 for an omega leather strap in brown. It felt on a par with a 30 quid hirsch. Good but not worth what i paid.
    Looking at other comments on here and other forums apparently it costs £220 quid including the buckle. Not cheap at all!

I just sourced one second hand for my SMPc as the new price is unjustifiable....
    Was trawling eBay and here vía a WTB - fortunately a member here popped up with one.

I hear good stuff mentioned of Rubber B’s straps too - there is one made for the Rolex Sub that is a great fit for the Omega SMP, but you’re still in megabucks territory for a bit of rubber!

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I called Omega boutique Regents Street for a blue rubber strap for the new SM300 and they said that the strap is in stock but the buckle is not going to be available for another 2 months!

Guess the only other option is to put up a WTB or EBay.

Quote Originally Posted by waser View Post
    I called Omega boutique Regents Street for a blue rubber strap for the new SM300 and they said that the strap is in stock but the buckle is not going to be available for another 2 months!

Guess the only other option is to put up a WTB or EBay.

Royal Exchange have advised me the same. They only have the strap but not the buckle. I’ve ordered a extra small rubber strap due to my wrist size and it should be here in 4 weeks time.

To be honest, I didn’t know they had different sizes rubber straps. Might be helpful for others to know about these options before placing an order.

Quote Originally Posted by 2BNOT2B View Post
    Royal Exchange have advised me the same. They only have the strap but not the buckle. I’ve ordered a extra small rubber strap due to my wrist size and it should be here in 4 weeks time.

To be honest, I didn’t know they had different sizes rubber straps. Might be helpful for others to know about these options before placing an order.

Thanks for that. I tried what I assume was a standard rubber on a watch in another AD and the strap was a little long for me. They weren’t sure if there was a shorter version.

Do you know the model number and the length for the shorter version? I’m thinking I may just order the rubber and stick it on a generic buckle for now.

Thanks for that. I tried what I assume was a standard rubber on a watch in another AD and the strap was a little long for me. They weren’t sure if there was a shorter version.

Do you know the model number and the length for the shorter version? I’m thinking I may just order the rubber and stick it on a generic buckle for now.

If you ask for Diana @ Royal Exchange branch she will be able to advise you on exact size etc. She was very helpful indeed.

The standard strap was tad big on my wrist when I went there to try it on this morning so she advised me to go for the smaller length which if I remember correctly is 2cm shorter than the standard size strap. Hope that helps!

If you ask for Diana @ Royal Exchange branch she will be able to advise you on exact size etc. She was very helpful indeed.

The standard strap was tad big on my wrist when I went there to try it on this morning so she advised me to go for the smaller length which if I remember correctly is 2cm shorter than the standard size strap. Hope that helps!

Great thanks

Great thanks

Update:

I picked up my rubber strap and buckle yesterday. Total cost is £220 bit overpriced in my opinion but I have to say it is very very comfortable to wear and the extra small strap fits my small wrist perfectly as you can see from the photos below.

I have also included a photo below of the code numbers you might be interested in if you require the extra small strap. Hope that helps!

Update:

I picked up my rubber strap and buckle yesterday. Total cost is £220 bit overpriced in my opinion but I have to say it is very very comfortable to wear and the extra small strap fits my small wrist perfectly as you can see from the photos below.

I have also included a photo below of the code numbers you might be interested in if you require the extra small strap. Hope that helps!

Oh thanks. That looks great. Enjoy.

So that’s the code for the short version of the strap? I also thought the buckle was out of stock! I think I’ll make an order this week if they can get them delivered in timely manner.

Oh thanks. That looks great. Enjoy.

So that’s the code for the short version of the strap? I also thought the buckle was out of stock! I think I’ll make an order this week if they can get them delivered in timely manner.

Yes, that’s the code you need for the short strap. They actually advised me that it will take around 4 weeks to arrive but luckily they received their bulk order from Switzerland earlier than expected :)

Yes, that’s the code you need for the short strap. They actually advised me that it will take around 4 weeks to arrive but luckily they received their bulk order from Switzerland earlier than expected :)

Cool thanks. Appreciated.

Cool thanks. Appreciated.

Anytime Pal.

All the best....

Looks great, I've been thinking about this option for my SMP 300 for a while. Motivated now to get one ordered!

Craftsman
    I asked about one of the new rubber straps for my 'old' 2018 SMP but was told it wouldn’t fit. Can anyone confirm whether I was given the right information? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Motman View Post
    I asked about one of the new rubber straps for my 'old' 2018 SMP but was told it wouldn’t fit. Can anyone confirm whether I was given the right information? Thanks.
    I can confirm sales person (Diana) @ Omega Royal Exchange advised me the same. It only fits the new model.