Just wondering what the forum etiquette on this as it’s happened to me a few times recently.

Example 1: A Forum member got in touch as they now own a watch I sold via the forum 5 months ago. The person who now owns the watch isn’t the person I sold the watch too. They were asking if they could link to my original sales ad in their sales post. I declined as the watch is now 5 months older and has had two new owners, so linking to my old ad has no value. I haven’t seen the watch since selling so can’t attest to its condition.

Example 2: Recently my Tudor Pelagos blue was sold via the forum. The new owner decided it wasn’t for him and put a sales ad on the forum linking to my original advert. This watch was subsequently traded to someone else...This new owner has also put the watch up on SC and also linked to my original advert. Again the watch now has had two new owners (albeit for a short time, just under 3 weeks) so what value is there linking to my original advert? Again I can’t attest to its current condition.

Personally I think if you’re selling a watch regardless of how long it’s been owned then you should do your own sale ad.

What is the forums view.

Cheers
Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk