Thread: Omega reduced questions

Craftsman

Omega reduced questions

When was the model discontinued?
    Am I correct in saying there were three variants of dial and glass?:
    Tritium and plastic
    Luminova and plastic
    Luminova and glass

Of the three variants which is the rarest?
    Thanks
    Matt

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Grand Master
    Rarest is the luminiva/glass variant, which had a slightly different dial (batons, not numbers) and a different bracelet. Can’t be certain, but I think these were made from around 2000 to 2006. the more common 3510.50 was made from around 1990 to approx 2010, I don’t know the exact years. At a guess I’d say the change to luminova was made in the late 90s.

See this link for:

Introduced in 1988, the Speedmaster Reduced was sold as the smaller and cheaper version of the Speedy...

The most common Speedmaster Reduced models are the no-date stainless steel ones with black dials and black bezels. The first generation included the references ST.175.0032 (leather strap) and ST.375.0032 (steel bracelet). Because Omega changed their coding system in the late 1980s, this version of the Speedmaster Reduced is also known as the ref. 3510.50.00.

In 2006, Omega introduced the upgraded Speedmaster Reduced (ref. 3539.50.00) with a sapphire crystal instead of a Hesalite crystal and a slightly redesign dial. However by 2009, Omega had stopped producing the Speedmaster Reduced collection altogether...

...and more.

My favourite of the black dial versions is the 3539.50.00 with a sapphire crystal and no numerals.
    Last edited by PickleB; 17th March 2019 at 12:24.

Craftsman
    Thanks for replies , I've just bought a luminova/plastic variant should be arriving Tuesday. I've ordered a brown leather strap as I think it and its big brother look fab on them

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Grand Master
    Have to disagree with the brown strap. Just been wearing one on a dark grey leather strap with grey stitching and it looked excellent. Black strap works well too, but a brown strap with a black/dark grey dial is a no-no for me, never looks right.