Thread: Keith Flint - RIP

Keith Flint - RIP

Owl1
    R I P ..way too young .

Master
    Such a hero in my youth RIP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    The one time I saw him was in Switzerland and he was telling all the Swiss to f*** off…. Showed great disdain for his audience…. Quite funny

I was only playing their music to my twins over the weekend! Their music reminds me of a great time in my life when I had no baggage, hell of a lot of fun and lots of laughter.

RIP. I'm shocked and saddened.

Master
    It would seem sadly that he took his own life

Very sad indeed RIP

Master
    Such a shame... he really was a nice guy. I met him a few times and he was a gent...

Terrible news, at the time "Fire Starter" didnt do a great deal for me but was being played in every pub/club and hot hatch, hearing it now just brings back all the good memories and ironically I now like it! RIP Keith..

Says it all really having just under 100 million views -

Sad news

Read many reports of people expecting him to be brash and scary, but instead finding him to be a reserved and charming man.

Great band and just as good in concert

RIP Keith

Grand Master
    Sad news indeed."Firestarter" is one of my few karioke songs,and not a song you hear many do!.

Craftsman
    Far too young, very sad.

I saw them at Knebworth in '96, my ears are still ringing.

Gutted at that news. Massive part of my youth and amazing live

RIP

Crazy sad news, great memories of their / his music.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by Tony-GB View Post
    I was only playing their music to my twins over the weekend! Their music reminds me of a great time in my life when I had no baggage, hell of a lot of fun and lots of laughter.
    '...and then kids, I had you.' I suspect you didn't mean it to sound like that!
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    Damn shame and an icon of the 90's music scene.

Granted, i rarely listened to their music outside the 90's but no denying the mans talent.

RIP Keith. "Smack some misandrist b*tches up", wherever you are 👍

Blog Entries
    Bit of a hero in my teens. Funny I only watched the VHS of electronic punks the other week. He seemed like a funny fella. I suspect although he was teetotal and yoga master of the recent years the partying in the earlier years and burning the candle at both ends can possibly contribute. He definitely had a nice cheeky chappy charm about him

Especially if you had friends like Shamus Cater as mentioned in this video at 1min 30

https://youtu.be/waAkAlbmu-k

Rip Keith

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bond; 4th March 2019 at 14:56.

21 winters ago I had a tape with Fat Of The Land on one side and Never Mind The Bollocks on the other. That was a good antidote to worldly cares.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EchoSevenNine View Post
    Damn shame and an icon of the 90's music scene.

Granted, i rarely listened to their music outside the 90's but no denying the mans talent.
    I agree, it all ended for me after jilted generation

Very sad news , RIP Keith .

RIP Keith :(

Oh no, huge band for me also back in the day, I still listen to their music sometimes when running. RIP.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Such a shame, great musician, I guess he felt his time here was done.

Master
    RIP :(

A real character and proper Petrolhead.

Very sad indeed, especially as it seem he committed suicide. RIP.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Real shame, the soundtrack to a long part of my friends and mine lives. The odd unexpected prodigy track can still bring a smile to a grumpy old bugger's face, happy memories.

Rest in piece Keith, you gave a lot of people happy times and great memories.

Master
    RIP Keith

I’ve spent 100’s of hours listening to this guys music, so many great memories of my younger youth.

Sad loss.

RIP Keith.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Very sad - spoke with him a few times at Oulton Park bike track days, a very nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    I saw them at Knebworth in '96, my ears are still ringing.
    I also saw them support Oasis, a few days after their Knebworth gigs, at Pairc Ui Chaoim, Cork.

Two amazing frontmen, and two bands (arguably) at the peak of their powers (or height of popularity at least).

Made a big impression on me as a kid, as did his mesmerising performance in the ‘Firestarter’ video.

Very sad, RIP. Suicide is a brutally horrible thing for those left behind to deal with.

Craftsman
    Amazing band live and was a pioneer in the early 90’s. Saw them loads live when I was younger which I’d love to say I remembered, but I don’t :)
    Last edited by gavsw20; 4th March 2019 at 21:08.

I am absolutely devistated, they were, and always will be, my favourite group/band. I've seen them live numerous times, in venues from a small 1,000 person warehouse to the 70,000 capacity of Milton Keynes Bowl. By far they were at their best at the Brixton Academy, where I took this in 2007.

R.I.P. Keith, may you find the piece you need.

For anyone who uses Qobuz, I've created a playlist with all the Prodigy songs he had vocals on.

It should be public.

Listen to the playlist Keith Flint x The Prodigy by seanst150 on Qobuz http://open.qobuz.com/playlist/2154117
    App available on qobuz.com/apps

Journeyman
    Incredibly sad.

Male suicide rates in this country are alarming, to say the least.

Master
    Nice tribute from an unlikely source, seems to back up the general consensus that he was a nice guy

James Blunt has penned an emotional tribute to Keith Flint, saying The Prodigy star showed him kindness when others in the industry did not.
    Flint was found dead at his home in Essex on Monday morning. He was 49.
    Singer Blunt wrote on Twitter: “At the Q Awards years ago, when @NoelGallagher was saying he was leaving Ibiza because I’d moved there, and @DamonAlbarn refused to be in the same picture as me, and @PaulWellerHQ was saying he’d rather eat his own s*** than work with me, Keith Flint came over, gave me a hug, and said how thrilled he was for my success.
    “Keith, I only met you once, but I shed a tear at the news of your death. In our business, there are no prizes for being kind, but if there was, that Grammy would be yours.”

Master
    On the occasions I met him, he was always happy, smiling, friendly, and quite funny. He invited some friends of mine to a big festival in Scotland...they had back stage passes, and they told me he was a fantastic host. Always checking up on them, and making sure they were having a great time.

He was truly passionate about his bikes and racing, he seemed to me like a good guy...

Journeyman
    Genuinely shocked and saddened by his death. Some of my best memories are of partying to their music...
    R. I. P
    Last edited by Itizme; 5th March 2019 at 15:12.

Keith Flint went to the same Comprehensive as me, all be it a few school years ahead and I never knew him personally. Many years back when I worked in retail I spent a few minutes advising him on a few products, I had no idea who he was until half the store's staff and a few of the customers came up to me after asking about him! As has already been said, he was far and away from the character portrayed in his Firestarter video. He came across as humble, polite and genuine, there wasn't any of the ego that stereotypically comes with being one of the biggest names in the industry at the time. He was driving a Ferrari 550 (may have been a 575), one of his bandmates used to be seen around my way in a McLaren F1.

I've got an hour's drive to do later this afternoon, The Prodigy will be the music of choice for the journey. RIP Keith.

I saw them live a couple of times including a memorable set at the reading festival (Christ that was 98!) It's sad that someone who was almost always described as a happy and charming guy was in such a bad way that even his band mates were shocked he took his own life.

They are still top of my gym playlist. Nothing like picking heavy things up to old school prodigy.

He will be missed

Absolutely gutted.

I grew up close to where he lived, used to see him in my local Indian takeaway, used to drink in his pub and watched them play live. I still recall driving home from college in 1991 when ‘Out of Space’ came on the radio, I instantly pulled a U turn and drove back into Chelmsford to buy their first album, I’ve been a lifelong fan ever since. A lovely bloke and such a sad loss.

RIP Keith.

Blog Entries
    One of the early tunes and favourite of mine spookily relevant here -

Death of a prodigy dancer

Very apt and sad

A unique sound, and one of my all time favourite bands. I did a lot of work in music television and videos in the 90’s, and saw them several times.

Breathe is still my favourite track of theirs.

Very sad news.

Blog Entries
    I was so sad to hear this.

I spent the late 80's and 90's clubbing and spent many happy hours listening to the Prodigy and seeing them live. The only good thing to come out of this was all my old mates reaching out to each other to check we were all ok and chat about the good old days. Someone sent me the link to an early club night that the Prodigy performed at back in 91 in Shellys. Apparently we were all there but I seem to have lost that memory 😉 however we were there alot.

RIP Keith. I hope you are raving hard on the other side.

Stay safe guys

https://youtu.be/elC57Ou0VLU

Their music will always hold memories for myself and friends of a time when life was carefree and less complicated.

One of this country’s greatest frontmen. RIP Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitinheadlights View Post
    I was so sad to hear this.

I spent the late 80's and 90's clubbing and spent many happy hours listening to the Prodigy and seeing them live. The only good thing to come out of this was all my old mates reaching out to each other to check we were all ok and chat about the good old days. Someone sent me the link to an early club night that the Prodigy performed at back in 91 in Shellys. Apparently we were all there but I seem to have lost that memory  however we were there alot.

RIP Keith. I hope you are raving hard on the other side.

Stay safe guys

https://youtu.be/elC57Ou0VLU
    Ditto. I’m led to believe I was there that night but can’t rememberr. I know we only missed about 4 Saturdays at Shelleys that year so I think I was.

Gutted to hear of this yesterday. Loved when they broke through and my first ever true WTF moment when we watched the first play of Firestarter on MTV. Remember just looking at my girlfriend at the time (now my Mrs) and just didn’t know what to say. Such a big shift in the group.

Master
    Blog Entries
    He gargled and spat water over me at the front of their gig at the Brixton Academy which I think was in 96 when I was in college. The stage was setup as a house with diff rooms and the false flooring collapsed during Firestarter when the place went absolutely nuts.

It was before the Fat of the Land was released but after Firestarter - there was a huge gap waiting for that album and the few singles but they did this promo gig in London. I think Breathe had just come out in fact but could be wrong.

Anyhow it was a great gig and the Prodigy was well and truly hammered on my stereo back in those days. Blew my speakers on my college stereo when the bass kicked in (Smack my bitch up)

As someone mentioned above I also used to listen to the Prodigy a lot in the gym to hype myself up but it’s been a while since I have played their stuff. Will bang some tunes on shortly as wife and kids away

RIP Keith
    Last edited by kultschar; 5th March 2019 at 23:09.

Not a fan of his music personally but still such a shame !
    RIP