closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Behind the curve on Netflix

Behind the curve on Netflix

Anybody else watched this, bit of an eyeopener regarding the growing amount of people that believe the flat earth conspiracy . Seems to me they're only interested in the growing notoriety from social media rather than the matter in hand. There's even conspiracys now about some of the leading flat earthers being imposters placed there by the CIA and other government organisations.

Master
    Yes, I watched it last week and despite being quite open minded I found the whole concept completely laughable.

As soon as Mark Sargent tried to demonstrate the lack of curvature of the earth by pointing out the Seattle skyline on the horizon and saying words to the effect of "if the earth was round you wouldn't be able to see that", the only thing there was a lack of was an understanding of the rules of geometry. The series of bungled experiments that then followed throughout only served to solidify my contempt.

They can't even claim that the filmmaker made them look like a bunch of idiots, they did an absolutely tremendous job of that themselves!

Their $20K gyro came back and bit them on the ass quite badly but it was laughable how they tried to disprove their own experiment. Mark Sargent is clearly a fruit loop who feeds off the fame of his delusion.
    It was a surprise to find out that Ms Steer also believed the 9/11 conspiracy- shocker that!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    It was a surprise to find out that Ms Steer also believed the 9/11 conspiracy- shocker that!
    You would though!

Quote Originally Posted by MST View Post
    You would though!
    Only on the understanding that once the ugly deed had been done I’d be out of there as quick as a flash of make believe lightning
    Last edited by Franky Four Fingers; 4th March 2019 at 13:29.

I wonder how many flat earthers used to think leaving the EU was a good idea as well. Some people eh?
    Last edited by Tony; 4th March 2019 at 16:41.

Master
    Does that make remainers globalists ;)

Master
    That program was hilarious.

The eclipse “proof” from Mark (I live with my mommy) Sargent is my favourite.

I can’t see a 3D object moving in front of the sun, so the sun must be self-eclipsing....hmm, yes, of course that’s what it’s doing.

Comedy gold!

Craftsman
    The whole thing felt like a dating agency between him and that woman. Got bored after an hour.

Master
    Admittedly, Sargent did come across as quite a charismatic chap, though whether his charisma would extend beyond the subject matter is doubtful - clearly he has found his purpose in life.

As an aside, has any seen how much Chris C. Pontius' is selling his Flat Earth Models for!?!?

Mine says 'Hi'

Quote Originally Posted by MST View Post
    Admittedly, Sargent did come across as quite a charismatic chap, though whether his charisma would extend beyond the subject matter is doubtful - clearly he has found his purpose in life.

As an aside, has any seen how much Chris C. Pontius' is selling his Flat Earth Models for!?!?
    Ah the real reason some are doing it for sure

Master
    Bit disappointed in the program really, didn’t discuss their reasons for believing the earth is flat in any real detail, would have been better if they had put the two sides round a table for a proper ‘discussion’.
    The reaction to the failed gyro and laser test was interesting though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Apparently the Flat Earth Society say they have members from all around the globe.
    Last edited by vulcangascompany; 5th March 2019 at 23:35.

Quote Originally Posted by vulcangascompany View Post
    Apparently the Flat Earth Society say they have members from all around the globe.

Journeyman
    Felt a bit sorry for them. Their whole identity is in the 'flat earth' thing, secretly they must know or suspect the truth, but don't want to accept.

Watched it last night. Inside a NASA visitor centre in Houston they showed a model of an Astronaut wearing a space suit and Speedmaster, they were unimpressed by the 'broken watch' because the fabric strap wore loose on the arm of the suit and looked as they described 'a broken old watch'. They seemed to be disappointed that the site wasn't more like Disneyland, as opposed to a working facility.

I watched it but only because I worked with someone who used to peddle the flat earth stuff on a daily basis. They certainly found some absolute nutters to star in the movie but I guess that wasn't hard. The $20k gyroscope and "interesting" experiment at the end made me laugh, as did them using satnav in their car! I later watched a youtube clip of a BBC radio interview with Mark Sargent and it was overlaid with pictures 'Clockwork Orange style which presumably the fool considers as proof of the flat earth. One of them states that the crew of the Shuttle disaster are actually alive and well and that Stephen Hawking's motor neurone disease was fake. Unf**king believable. Idiots, the lot of them.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by vulcangascompany View Post
    That is an award winning line right there!

Quite enjoyed the physiological analysis throughout the film, really gave a more interesting view of such groups in society, with a few hints to the impact they can have too...

Here’s to Mark Sargent, Mayor of flat earth. His reaction to that question was priceless.

Behind the curve on Netflix

The thing that just struck me, what with this being a watch forum and all, how are we not discussing the potential for watches!!

Though a GMT complication point to map locations would finish this off nicely
    Last edited by Dean Learner; 10th March 2019 at 11:34.

It's just a bunch of simpletons. The big problem that they seem to miss is that page views and hits on YouTube aren't necessarily folk believe your hookum so much as laughing at it.

There's a fundamental issue that flat earthworms can never answer: why?
    It's up there with chemtrails.

Master
    Im sure in the program they said the reason was that NASA had realised their mistake and were too embarrassed to admit the Earth was actually flat?
    Wouldn’t the USSR not have delighted in pointing that out?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk