closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: My Damasko's Accuracy

Craftsman

My Damasko's Accuracy

I bought this Damasko DS30 from Jura at the end of January, set the time with my Radio Control Multi Band 6 G Shock and a month later they are still pretty much synchronised. This is unbelievable accuracy from a mechanical timepiece. I also think the DS30 is the best looking watch in Damasko's expanding range.

Nice-looking watch. Yeah, my DC66 has been very accurate since I picked it up. Really pleased with it.

Apprentice
    I have been reading up on Damasko. They seem to be well made and make some nice looking watches. I think that will be a future purchase. I think a few of them look very similiar to the Sinn line of watches, also. I bet the lume on your watch is crazy bright!! I love that!

Quote Originally Posted by ROBANNENAGY View Post
    I bought this Damasko DS30 from Jura at the end of January, set the time with my Radio Control Multi Band 6 G Shock and a month later they are still pretty much synchronised. This is unbelievable accuracy from a mechanical timepiece. I also think the DS30 is the best looking watch in Damasko's expanding range.

I bought my DC56 from Eddie in September 2009 and it's always lost 5 or 6 seconds per day. My DA37 from September 2006 (I'm the 2ᶮᵈ owner since early 2007) loses about 2 secs per day. As they are worn in rotation for a couple of weeks at a time I set them 30secs fast, so they drift into and out of perfection in that time, which is good enough for my use. I'll probably have them serviced shortly and have them adjusted then.
    F.T.F.A.

Nice watch. Avoid the white dialed full lume ones. The lume is patchy at best. The black dials are lush tho. Amazing accuracy !!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    Nice-looking watch. Yeah, my DC66 has been very accurate since I picked it up. Really pleased with it.

Is that the one I sold you... what a great result on accuracy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Avoid the white dialed full lume ones. The lume is patchy at best.

Not so at all. The dial on a full lume Damasko can change from an almost parchment like white to green as you walk between different areas of your house, or between areas of light and shade if out and about in town, with endless different and suble shades between. Ignore the false impression that photographs of "charged" lume give, the only real criteria is can you read a watch during the night, I could on the DC67 I had, and I can on my DA37.

F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Not so at all. The dial on a full lume Damasko can change from an almost parchment like white to green as you walk between different areas of your house, or between areas of light and shade if out and about in town, with endless different and suble shades between. Ignore the false impression that photographs of "charged" lume give, the only real criteria is can you read a watch during the night, I could on the DC67 I had, and I can on my DA37.

I’m talking about the paint finish. On my white dial damasko under loupe the application of the lume was pretty poor. The actual glow was fine.

Great watches. My DA36 runs +2 seconds a day on the wrist and looks as good as it did the day I bought it almost 10 years ago.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Loving the DS30.

How are you finding it so far?

Master
    So one second slow after a month?! You sure it's auto movement inside? ;-P

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I’ve not checked the accuracy over weeks of my D36, but when I stuck it on the Timegrapher - it came out better than any of my other top-end watches.

My DC56 Si accuracy was poor from new being quite erraatic before settling down to +15 seconds per day.

It went back under warranty and now is within 1 second per day. Comments from other Si owners on the Damasko forum, indicate that this is a quite typical experience with having to send the watch back.

If you have a non Si movement, Damasko are less helpful with warranty claims for accuracy and often just send the watch back saying it's within tolerance.

I wouldn't recommend the brand if accuracy is a priority, as it seems like pot luck as to what you get.

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

That's an awesome accuracy, anything below +-3s/day it's more than enough for a non ocd person.