closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Incoming Vacheron Constantin FiftySix Day Date - Pics heavy

Craftsman
    I look at these VCs every other day at the moment as my "sell everything and buy one watch" but the only thing that's stopping me is the 30m water resistance. A shame but otherwise stunning set of watches that are real value for money.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelv_w View Post
    Welcoming it to the family.
    Thanks for looking

Beautiful watch, have been thinking of ordering one but can’t think of a time when I would wear instead of my PP 5205

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Managed to have a lookie in selfidges. The sub dials are very well balanced - actually the whole watch is well designed. Still like it - just too dressy for me to lust over too much. Maybe in 10 yrs time :p

Master
    Blog Entries
    What a stunning watch. Congrats

Craftsman
    Stunning watch and nice images as well.

Craftsman

A lovely acquisition Sir!!!

Master
    That is stunning!

Journeyman
    A very fine choice that. A refreshing change. I'm getting interested in one I must admit.

Lovely watch, congrats.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Journeyman
    Nice choice, looking at the same dilemma myself and the praise for the VC is warranted after trying one on recently.

Craftsman
    Lovely watch, congratulations!

Blog Entries
    Congrats on your new watch and it was pleasant to read that you were treated as a valued customer by the shop instead of being viewed with contempt and suspicion as you would have been had you dared to enter a Rolex outlet and had the temerity to enquire about a Rolex watch!

That is stunning, really lovely looking watch.

Apprentice
    That is a beaut.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelv_w View Post
    Just purchased the new FiftySix Day Date PowerReserve about a week ago. I was deciding between this or the A.Lange Saxonia Small seconds, it was difficult choice as the Lange boutique managed to source the blue dial which is now discontinued. But I'd like my watch to be a bit more practical and preferred to have a power reserve indicator. I may perhaps get a Lange in future when funds permits.

Vacheron Constantin has never been on my radar despite being invited to a few VC events in the past. But my interest peaked when I was invited and introduced the FiftySix line at the VC launch party late last year in Bangkok. Of all 3 models I was immediately drawn to the DayDate but held back from purchasing then (I don't like to buy on impulse). I like how it's not overly dressy, fresh, inconspicuous and understated. I do like the Date only version as well especially the new 'blue note' that was announced recently. I guess VC has done the job in moving me away from Rolex lol. Also it's refreshing that there's no AD games on waiting lists, mark ups, shortages etc etc. It was also a very pleasant experience being at the VC boutiques.

Anyway, thought I'd share some photos :)

Here are some shots from the party in Bangkok sometime around November 18. I guess it was the time when it was available to purchase.

2 months later, I've decided to get one.
    Fresh off the VC boutique. It didn't even make it to the window display.
    There are plenty of boxes within a box, and other collaterals i.e manuals, pin, hang tags, card holder, etc.

It comes in the new shiny piano finished box which I much preferred. Box was pretty hefty and well made.

The watch. May not be everyone's cup of tea but I love it! Pictures doesn't do it justice and needs to be tried on the wrist. I can't stop staring at the dial and how the indices reflects the surrounding lights.

The dial was super smooth and it's such a pleasure to set the time. Day changes 15 minutes before midnight and date is pretty much close to midnight.

You could see the boxed type sapphire crystal.

Superluminova Lume, it's somewhere in between green and blue

and some close ups

The hand is nicely polished and rounded off on the Date hand.

And of course the back.
    Unlike the simpler Automatic date, this uses VC's in-house caliber 2475 SC/2 with an updated skeletonised 22k rotor.

the attention to detail and finishing is immaculate, definitely worthy of the Poinçon de Genève.

That's it for now. Hope you enjoyed some of the photos.
    Awesome congrats

Master
    Hope the OP is still enjoying the watch he bought A YEAR AGO!

Craftsman
    Is there any discounts to be had at dealers for this model? Anyone managed a discount on a VC?

Quote Originally Posted by markyboy.1967 View Post
    Is there any discounts to be had at dealers for this model? Anyone managed a discount on a VC?
    MRSP is £14,800: https://www.oandr.co.uk/vacheron-con...ap-watch-p2850
    On Chrono24 for £10,700: https://www.chrono24.co.uk/vacheronc...id10029918.htm

Craftsman
    Great write up, lovely watch and what a beautiful dial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    That's very nice. I'm on the list for a CHNR but if that doesn't come in by later this year, I'll be seriously considering one of these. Your photos are amazing

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KavKav View Post
    Congrats on your new watch and it was pleasant to read that you were treated as a valued customer by the shop instead of being viewed with contempt and suspicion as you would have been had you dared to enter a Rolex outlet and had the temerity to enquire about a Rolex watch!
    It is definitely a breath of fresh air, I've stopped looking or going in to the Rolex AD. There's not much to look at these days and I don't really like how the game is being played. I think I'm pretty much done with it and it's getting quite silly with so much restrictions and grief just for a watch.

On the other hand, I have to say Vacheron Constantin boutique treat their customers very well. I was invited over to their watchmaking event at the boutique last year and what an experience it was. On top of that there were canapés, champagne and got to handle some extremely rare watches. I thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated the whole experience, I returned a few months later and bought another VC from the boutique.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    Hope the OP is still enjoying the watch he bought A YEAR AGO!
    I am still enjoying it :) It's always a joy to look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by wuyangkid View Post
    That's very nice. I'm on the list for a CHNR but if that doesn't come in by later this year, I'll be seriously considering one of these. Your photos are amazing

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Thank you! You should really check it out.
    I liked it so much and I bought another VC last month :O

Here's my new Tradtionnelle boutique edition.

Craftsman
    Lovely TBE VC kelvin ! Tasty looking snacks too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    I must say OP. Your photos are some of the best seen on here! Do post more about your latest VC. Since your post I have bought the VC Overseas 4500 current version. Super understated - wore it for 6 weeks straight recently.

Master
    Elegance personified.

Very nice. It's good that VC is making some watches at a more accessible price point. These fifty sixes look handsome, with a good mix of sporty / elegant. Enjoy!

Master
    Stunning watch OP (or should I say watches)! That’s one of the great things about this forum, neither of those watches would ever have been on my radar without posts like this. Thank you.

I think your new watch deserves its own thread if you have the time :-)

Master
    The daydate is absolutely the best one to get in this range. The amount of mechanics you get at this price point is unrivaled, you get a true VC caliber, unline the standard date, you get VC finishing, all in a SS case. Great purchase and congratulations!!!!

Journeyman
    Great watch, great photos, nice write up and a good following thread.

Sent from my Mi A1 using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    That really is a thing of beauty. Congratulations.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I went today to view a FiftySix Day Date and was shocked how small it was on the wrist. At 40mm it was always going to be as small as I like to go given I have an 8” wrist. It almost looked comical. The finish of the watch was fantastic. I have a40mm watch but with a 24mm lug width where this is about 20mm and the strap was way to narrow for me. I also tried a silver dial Overseas dual time at 41mm and again it was a bit small feeling but much closer to what I could get away with. So no deals done today and back to the drawing board for me.

Journeyman
    Beautiful watch! And that food looks great as well.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I went today to view a FiftySix Day Date and was shocked how small it was on the wrist. At 40mm it was always going to be as small as I like to go given I have an 8” wrist. It almost looked comical. The finish of the watch was fantastic. I have a40mm watch but with a 24mm lug width where this is about 20mm and the strap was way to narrow for me. I also tried a silver dial Overseas dual time at 41mm and again it was a bit small feeling but much closer to what I could get away with. So no deals done today and back to the drawing board for me.
    Sounds the perfect fit for a normal wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy4389 View Post
    Lovely TBE VC kelvin ! Tasty looking snacks too
    Thanks Billy! TBH I wasn't even expecting it but what a nice gesture from VC on top of an organised watchmaking workshop. I will definitely get another VC next time.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    I must say OP. Your photos are some of the best seen on here! Do post more about your latest VC. Since your post I have bought the VC Overseas 4500 current version. Super understated - wore it for 6 weeks straight recently.
    Thanks MartynJC! Appreciate your kind words. I love the VC Overseas! I am tempted but still unsure if it's too big for my 6.25" wrist. I'll make a new post for the Traditionnelle when I get a better camera :)

Quote Originally Posted by adrianwong View Post
    Very nice. It's good that VC is making some watches at a more accessible price point. These fifty sixes look handsome, with a good mix of sporty / elegant. Enjoy!
    Indeed! They are pretty easy to wear both formally and casually. Personally I am slowly moving away from sportier watches, maybe could be fatigue and much preferred simply and classier dials now.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Stunning watch OP (or should I say watches)! That’s one of the great things about this forum, neither of those watches would ever have been on my radar without posts like this. Thank you.

I think your new watch deserves its own thread if you have the time :-)
    Thanks for checking out the thread Devonian, I will definitely create a new post for the Traditionnelle. It deserves better picture and close ups.
    I'm looking for a new camera (probably the Fujifilm Xt-4 and a macro lens). Perhaps explore focus stacking and macro photography.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    The daydate is absolutely the best one to get in this range. The amount of mechanics you get at this price point is unrivaled, you get a true VC caliber, unline the standard date, you get VC finishing, all in a SS case. Great purchase and congratulations!!!!
    Many thanks kaiserphoenix, I agree with you. I fell in love with it the first time I picked one up and the price is just about right.

Have you tried the Overseas Chrono? That's slightly bigger at 42.5mm or the Overseas World Time at 43.5mm.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Sounds the perfect fit for a normal wrist.
    lol :)

Blog Entries
    As much as this type of watch isn't my own personal thing... I must say that you possess something of great beauty there.

When I see pieces like these I think of true "watchmaking". If that makes any sense?
    Like.. if a non watch lover needed to be shown something... without them having a flavour for any particular genre... then you could happily wheel them out this... and YOUR great photographs... to show them what the art of watchmaking is actually all about.

I can't really say higher than that.
    Great pictures... beautiful watch... enjoy.

Greg. :)

Master
    Blog Entries
    Very nice indeed even if it’s not my cup of tea,that green Rolex looks hideous in comparison.

Why was the event in Bangkok?

Apprentice
    WoW What a watch! Congratulations ! Enjoy and wear in good health!

Quote Originally Posted by gregory View Post
    As much as this type of watch isn't my own personal thing... I must say that you possess something of great beauty there.

When I see pieces like these I think of true "watchmaking". If that makes any sense?
    Like.. if a non watch lover needed to be shown something... without them having a flavour for any particular genre... then you could happily wheel them out this... and YOUR great photographs... to show them what the art of watchmaking is actually all about.

I can't really say higher than that.
    Great pictures... beautiful watch... enjoy.

Greg. :)
    Thank you Greg!
    When I was watch shopping I did actually wanted a subtle watch that didn't shout out too much, also for personal safety too that it's not recognisable from afar. It's nice when it's only known when in the know :)

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    Very nice indeed even if it’s not my cup of tea,that green Rolex looks hideous in comparison.

Why was the event in Bangkok?
    Lol fair enough, I do love the green sub for a bit of colour sometimes.

I believe it was a worldwide Vacheron 56 Launch. There were events in Singapore, HongKong, South Korea, London and .etc but at different times of course.
    So happened I was in Bangkok on a business trip and was invited to the launch. It was a good and friendly launch party with an amazing vibe, it helps with the free flow of drinks too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricosub View Post
    WoW What a watch! Congratulations ! Enjoy and wear in good health!
    Thanks you Ricosub! Still loving it!