closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Incoming Vacheron Constantin FiftySix Day Date - Pics heavy

Cool Incoming Vacheron Constantin FiftySix Day Date - Pics heavy

Just purchased the new FiftySix Day Date PowerReserve about a week ago. I was deciding between this or the A.Lange Saxonia Small seconds, it was difficult choice as the Lange boutique managed to source the blue dial which is now discontinued. But I'd like my watch to be a bit more practical and preferred to have a power reserve indicator. I may perhaps get a Lange in future when funds permits.

Vacheron Constantin has never been on my radar despite being invited to a few VC events in the past. But my interest peaked when I was invited and introduced the FiftySix line at the VC launch party late last year in Bangkok. Of all 3 models I was immediately drawn to the DayDate but held back from purchasing then (I don't like to buy on impulse). I like how it's not overly dressy, fresh, inconspicuous and understated. I do like the Date only version as well especially the new 'blue note' that was announced recently. I guess VC has done the job in moving me away from Rolex lol. Also it's refreshing that there's no AD games on waiting lists, mark ups, shortages etc etc. It was also a very pleasant experience being at the VC boutiques.

Anyway, thought I'd share some photos :)

Here are some shots from the party in Bangkok sometime around November 18. I guess it was the time when it was available to purchase.

2 months later, I've decided to get one.
    Fresh off the VC boutique. It didn't even make it to the window display.
    There are plenty of boxes within a box, and other collaterals i.e manuals, pin, hang tags, card holder, etc.

It comes in the new shiny piano finished box which I much preferred. Box was pretty hefty and well made.

The watch. May not be everyone's cup of tea but I love it! Pictures doesn't do it justice and needs to be tried on the wrist. I can't stop staring at the dial and how the indices reflects the surrounding lights.

The dial was super smooth and it's such a pleasure to set the time. Day changes 15 minutes before midnight and date is pretty much close to midnight.

You could see the boxed type sapphire crystal.

Superluminova Lume, it's somewhere in between green and blue

and some close ups

The hand is nicely polished and rounded off on the Date hand.

And of course the back.
    Unlike the simpler Automatic date, this uses VC's in-house caliber 2475 SC/2 with an updated skeletonised 22k rotor.

the attention to detail and finishing is immaculate, definitely worthy of the Poinçon de Genève.

That's it for now. Hope you enjoyed some of the photos.

I know nothing about this line so off to Google but it looks a stunner. I presume it's in PM and sensibly cased i.e. ≤40mm but going off to check.

Enjoy VC are an underappreciated and nicely under hyped brand and no worse for it.

Good for you. I really think that VC got a lot of things right with the FiftySix line, though it’s not everyone’s taste.

I also admire them for sticking with the Geneva hallmark.

Craftsman
    Beautiful watch. Congratulations.

Master
    Looks fab! Great buy, better than the equivalent PP, in my opinion. Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Lovely looking piece. Congratulations.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Superb.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

That is lovely, and much nicer than certain hyped “sports” watches. Although I want a Saxonia (when I retire!), your Vacheron is brilliant. Great pictures, and a very refreshing choice. Enjoy it

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely enchanting!

Beautiful!! I’ve been having wet dreams about the Complete Calendar for a while now, but I wouldn’t kick this one out of bed.

A touch of class....

Quote Originally Posted by JC180 View Post
    I presume it's in PM
    All the Fifty Six range are either steel or pink gold

Master
    Very nice indeed. Love the close ups and movement shots

Blog Entries
    What a refreshing change! Congratulations. If possible do say more about the specifications or maybe I just need to look up on the VC website.

Superb watch and superb photos as well. You may want to copy this into the ‘review’ section for posterity as not many of these seen in this parish.

I will I’ll now go and research further. Certainly worthy of the holy trinity.

Martyn.

Master
    Just checked the price and am astounded that it's 50% of what I expected!!

Beautiful, I'm also shocked how good value that is, again thought it would be double that price at least, shame it's not White Gold though

Craftsman
    Classic beauty.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Apprentice
    Wow. That is gorgeous. Wasn't expecting the lume! Great photos as well

Master
    A beautiful watch. Generally I prefer simple, uncluttered faces but this one has been done very elegantly. Lovely, thank you for sharing.

Tapatapatapatapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 33JS View Post
    Just checked the price and am astounded that it's 50% of what I expected!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Beautiful, I'm also shocked how good value that is, again thought it would be double that price at least, shame it's not White Gold though
    It's £15k and stainless steel with the most basic of complications. Are you suggesting it should be £30k?

I'm not knocking the watch, which is beautiful. But seriously?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    It's £15k and stainless steel with the most basic of complications. Are you suggesting it should be £30k?

Not at all, but folks get bent out of shape by the Nautilus and Aquanaut, both of which are pretty hideous compared to this VC.
    Maybe it's just a sign of being punch-drunk by outrageous costs for shiny trinkets...we just expect a downpulling of the undercrackers!

Looks beautiful, it'd be nice to hear how you get on with it in the long run :-)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by 33JS View Post
    Not at all, but folks get bent out of shape by the Nautilus and Aquanaut, both of which are pretty hideous compared to this VC.
    Maybe it's just a sign of being punch-drunk by outrageous costs for shiny trinkets...we just expect a downpulling of the undercrackers!

Maybe not everyone's cup of tea but what a beauty. This or any PP Nautilus and Aquanaut...... I know what I'd choose.

Lovely watch!
    After all these years I still don’t get the PP Nautilus/Aquanaut thing
    Much rather have this or the overseas or the ALS

That is a beauty and some splendid macros to top it off. Well done👍

Beautiful!! I’ve been having wet dreams about the Complete Calendar for a while now, but I wouldn’t kick this one out of bed.
    I agree! I like the Complete Calender too and tried it on a couple of times. It's pretty distinct but yet no one in the street will bat an eye lid unless in the know. I like that. The DayDate is even more discreet and at times do look like a Chronograph. I don't see many wearing VC except for one or two sporting the Overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelv_w View Post
    I agree! I like the Complete Calender too and tried it on a couple of times. It's pretty distinct but yet no one in the street will bat an eye lid unless in the know. I like that. The DayDate is even more discreet and at times do look like a Chronograph. I don't see many wearing VC except for one or two sporting the Overseas.

I have an Overseas Chrono and love to wear it. You’re right though, you don’t see many in the wild.

We've been brutally condition into believing that a stainless steel watch from one of the more renowned manufacturers should be over £20k......its good for brand protection against newer competition....

Having gotten that out of the way - nice watch OP.....I echo the comments that its very good they kept the geneva seal. I find it a bit unsavoury that some of their watches do not - should be standard for a company like VC.

Thanks all. i'm surprised you guys liked it; it didn't get very good first impression online when it was launch at SIHH 18. But I think the reviewers are warming up to it a year later.

I didn't even know anything or heard about it until the invite to the party. I tried it on and I liked it!

Perhaps it's the Automatic Date that didn't get much love since it wasn't using VC's in-house movement and without the Geneva Seal. The price reflected that too, but I don't mind it.
    I'm tempted with the blue FiftySix Automatic Date.TBH, I have inspected it with a loupe and it is very well finished, definitely up to VC's standard.

I believe the FiftySix is quite popular in SouthEastAsia, I could not find a single Automatic Date in HK whilst I was there 2 weeks ago. All was sold out; despite it not having the Geneva Seal it was priced very well and seemed to be flying out the window. It was also heavily advertised in all the boutiques. The ADs was telling me the blue versions were gathering a lot of interest. I know I want one!

The FiftySix DayDate uses the Caliber 2475 SC/2 which is also the same one used in their upper model, Traditionalle & Quai De L'ile DayDate. However I do like what VC has done with the skeletonised rotor. You could see there are a variation of polishing techniques used throughout the rotor.

Here's a few more lume shot. It doesn't last as long or as bright as Chromalight.

Blog Entries
    You are not helping my watch fund - though if I was brutal my 5146 is too similar in style to warrant this VC. But when did logic ever run true with this hobby?

I'm considering one of these as an AD who made an almighty c@ck up on an order I had have offered me 33% off anything in store that isn't a Patek or a Rolex and therefore this is in the running. These pics aren't helping lol!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I'm considering one of these as an AD who made an almighty c@ck up on an order I had have offered me 33% off anything in store that isn't a Patek or a Rolex and therefore this is in the running. These pics aren't helping lol!
    That is a very dangerous offer in pretty much any circumstances......

OP - nice follow up, but still not feeling the automatic. Yours (IMO) is nicer ;)

I tried on both the date and complete calendar versions a few months ago. Quite liked them, but to me the day date that the OP has gone for is the pick of the bunch.

Craftsman
    OP, congrats - that's gorgeous!

Master
    Lovely watch - well done 👍

Hard to recall a recent watch post garnering such unanimous praise 👍👍👍

Beautiful watch! Congrats!!

Master
    Absolute stunner.

The Daydate imo is THE one to get in the 56 line. It has the Geneva seal and is a TRUE VC caliber. As mentoned it has been used in watches far higher in the pricing range. Beautiful watch. Congratulations.

Craftsman
    Great addition & the one of the only models within the Fifty-six range worth getting I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Thanks for the detailed write up, I'm waiting on this year patrimony manual wind to get delivered to the boutique.

I just love this watch it's so tempting for the eye. So many details and all things is in right place. The movement is to die for.

A huge congrats to a awesome watch.

It's completely gorgeous.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    Absolute stunner.

The Daydate imo is THE one to get in the 56 line. It has the Geneva seal and is a TRUE VC caliber. As mentoned it has been used in watches far higher in the pricing range. Beautiful watch. Congratulations.
    The Fiftysix Tourbillon and Complete Calendar also have the Geneva seal.

Craftsman
    What a beauty !!!

Welcoming it to the family.
    Thanks for looking

Craftsman
    That really is a stunning looking watch. A nice trio you have there.

Craftsman
    Really, really nice!

Master
    The Fiftysix Tourbillon and Complete Calendar also have the Geneva seal.
    Most Vacherons have it! Its basically their own seal in all honesty.

Craftsman
    Beeeauty!

Craftsman
    Lovely watch and lovely photographs. I had completely written off the FiftySix range, like most VC aficionados, but this has provoked a bit of a rethink!