closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Got the itch

Got the itch

I’ve done really well with no watch incomings or outcomings in about 2 years......but I’ve taken a fancy to the new Seamaster Ceramic. I have a one in one out policy (I’ve been told) so I would have to let my new model Rolex Explorer go. I would end up with the Seamaster and a fair bit of money on top. It’s my decision in the end but what do you think, is it worth it?

Journeyman
    Nope.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ichaice View Post
    I’ve done really well with no watch incomings or outcomings in about 2 years......but I’ve taken a fancy to the new Seamaster Ceramic. I have a one in one out policy (I’ve been told) so I would have to let my new model Rolex Explorer go. I would end up with the Seamaster and a fair bit of money on top. It’s my decision in the end but what do you think, is it worth it?
    What else is in your collection, can you adjust the one in one out policy with trouble from the wife. These are all consideration you need before simply discounting the proposal.

Don’t do it

Itches are for scratching 🙂
    My view has always been that watches I have owned in the past have played a part in the journey leading to what I own now. Pangs of regret have been few and far between and I've never bought back any model I've previously moved on.

Craftsman
    I recognize a man who has already made up his mind but would like a bit of a nudge. However, given the choice, it would be the Rolex every day of the week. Unless I’d had it for ages and wanted something new and shiny. Which is as good a reason as any.

when it is time for a change it is time for a change same with everything in life. Go for what you want next, I would.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigeyp View Post
    when it is time for a change it is time for a change same with everything in life. Go for what you want next, I would.
    This. Forget what is said about the Rolex - they’re all (all our watches) just mere bagatelles. Go and enjoy the one you want now. And change your mind later. Or don’t. Life’s too short to not go for what we want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists View Post
    This. Forget what is said about the Rolex - they’re all (all our watches) just mere bagatelles. Go and enjoy the one you want now. And change your mind later. Or don’t. Life’s too short to not go for what we want

Thanks. Had a bit of a rough day today and I appreciate that comment. Look after yourself and do it fairly.

Master
    If its the explore one, absolutely do it, the new black seamster is lovely and looks stunning. Comfortable and well balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by vortgern View Post
    Don’t do it
    ^^ What he said. ^^

Keep and treasure all your steel sports Rolexes. As time goes by there will be less of them around.

Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists View Post

Agree with this.

Go for it, buy and wear what you fancy not what everybody else says, there is life after Rolex.

Craftsman

Got the itch

Go and try one on before deciding. The new SMP is waaay better up close than it photographs both visually and on the wrist.

I’ve always liked the Explorer, along with the OP39 and 11460 one of Rolexes best recent watches imo. However I tried on the SMP on Monday and the rest as they say is history.....to the extent I sold my PO 2500 to get it (and I love that watch)

At the end of the day we on here are all enablers and many with biased views sometimes not even based on actual experience....you need to try any watch on yourself in my view

Life is way too short, so enjoy the one you like best now, not later

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jimmer42; 1st March 2019 at 08:38.

No chance, the Explorer is a much more versatile & classy watch than that Omega

I promised myself I’d sell a couple of watches to fund my latest, but 3 months later I still haven’t 😆

So go for it, then forget to sell the Rolex.

Owning neither of those but having looked and tried both on for me it’s a fairly easy decision, I’d go with the Seamaster all day. That’s the route I will be taking soon

Craftsman
    Another vote for the seamaster..I have the explorer, but SMP for me..

Master
    As others have said it all depends on what else is in your collection. I have the two tone on rubber version and love it, but if looking at the Omega seamaster v the Explorer in isolation I would take the explorer every time.

Master
    I think some people on this post are focusing to much on brands and not the actual watch it self. I have enough rolexes and other brands not to get hung up on the crown. Buy what you like, go in-store and try it on you may be surprised. The explorer versatile argument, all my watches are versatile and can wear in any circumstance. The new seamster, has to be seen in person to appreciate.

If you do want one, let me know my AD did a great deal on mine.

As much as I like the new Seamaster, (I was very impressed when I handled one), there’s no way I’d swap out my Explorer for one.

But it’s your choice and you only live once.