closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Holiday Plans 2019?

Master
    Two weeks in a cottage in Suffolk this summer. An hours drive, no crowded airports or ferries smelling of vomit. Very peaceful place to stay with a river to swim in, lots of wildlife and the sea not too far away. Just hope the weather holds up

Then I might be exploring northern Portugal for a few days in September or October on my todd but that isn't certain yet.

Tapatapatapatapatalk

Got a weekend trip to Norway booked. Still deciding where to go for a week in August. Possibly Prague or somewhere in the Mediterranean.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish boy View Post
    Anyone done centre parcs?

Never been to one, theres a new one opening in longford Ireland in August, we've booked in the second week its open.

The 2 of us and a very adventurous 2 year old.
    We have done three Centre Parcs in France when my son was younger, pretty good experience, nice base to explore and plenty to do and you always know you can get food etc

Master
    Probably going to go to my favorite chill out place Aruba in September, been the last two years and love the place....... Going to Carvoeiro in Portugal in June, been to plenty of place in the Algarve but never Carvoeiro, anyone been there?

Just booked a week in Dumfries and Galloway, then will try to get a couple of weeks in the Highlands later in the year.

Spending pretty much every week flying somewhere and staying in hotels, the last thing I want to do for a holiday is fly somewhere and stay in a hotel!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
    Probably going to go to my favorite chill out place Aruba in September, been the last two years and love the place....... Going to Carvoeiro in Portugal in June, been to plenty of place in the Algarve but never Carvoeiro, anyone been there?
    Went for a long weekend a couple of years ago. Nice place, can recommend this place to eat Tapas with a different glass of wine for each dish

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restau...t_Algarve.html

Master
    Thanks Craig; I'll have a look.

Quote Originally Posted by craig1912 View Post
    Went for a long weekend a couple of years ago. Nice place, can recommend this place to eat Tapas with a different glass of wine for each dish

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restau...t_Algarve.html

Craftsman
    In Tenerife at the moment for a week and have 3 weeks on the Costa Blanca booked for August

Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post
    Just booked a week in Dumfries and Galloway, then will try to get a couple of weeks in the Highlands later in the year.

Spending pretty much every week flying somewhere and staying in hotels, the last thing I want to do for a holiday is fly somewhere and stay in a hotel!

If you don't know Dumfries and Galloway, then don't miss going to Sandyhills beach.
    When the weather's nice it is lovely

Sandyhills Beach, Dalbeattie, DG5 4PT https://g.co/kgs/Jo1a6s

Holiday Plans 2019?

I am currently just outside Siem Reap (which is a hole) but the Ankor Wat area has to be one of the most impressive places I have ever been (and I have been a few).
    Ankor Thom is staggering in its size.

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    As the Rugby League season doesnt finish till October we have to do long haul. Caribbean cruise booked for November.

Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by The Doc View Post
    If you don't know Dumfries and Galloway, then don't miss going to Sandyhills beach.
    When the weather's nice it is lovely

Sandyhills Beach, Dalbeattie, DG5 4PT https://g.co/kgs/Jo1a6s
    Thank you, I know it well, as it is on our route to Dalbeattie from the RSPB reserve at Mersehead.

Off to Sicily on Saturday . Tried to drive there when we were last in Italy but the traffic to the ferry was horrendous .
    Anyway, a place we’ve always fancied . Based in the Southeastern part of the island .
    Pula booked in September for a bit of scuba diving with my daughter.
    Then Vegas for my best pals 50 th .

FYI

Extinction Rebellion Heathrow: Activists plan to use drones for 10-day airport 'shutdown' this summer

Extinction Rebellion activists are planning to “shut down” Heathrow Airport for 10 days this summer by flying drones near the airfield.
    The climate change activists vowed to stage demonstrations on June 18 and again for 10 days beginning on July 1, disrupting flights at a peak time for holidaymakers.

Threatening to bring the UK’s busiest airport to a standstill, they are demanding the “immediate” cancellation of plans to build a third runway at the transport hub.
    Activists warned those who are booked to fly from Heathrow around the time of its protests to change their travel plans.

Zee LINKY
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

After the last holiday in the may half term me and the wife have booked the same place again. Big difference this time is the absence of our children!! Well, at least 4 of them we are still wondering about the 2 year old.

Roll on end of August!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    We’ve spent a lot of times in the US over the last few years but this year we have booked Nice for 2 weeks as a base then travel around the South of France. Looking forward to some sunshine !

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitinheadlights View Post
    We’ve spent a lot of times in the US over the last few years but this year we have booked Nice for 2 weeks as a base then travel around the South of France. Looking forward to some sunshine !
    I hate holidays but having stayed in Nice a few times for work it’s one town I’d happily visit for pleasure.

Haggerston castle for me.

My Cuba trip is now off - thanks Mr Trump !

But still got Chicago starting Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post
    I hate holidays but having stayed in Nice a few times for work it’s one town I’d happily visit for pleasure.
    There are much better places in Cote d'Azure to spend your hols even if you have to take an odd conference call or reply to few emails. Just saying.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Blog Entries
    A week in a gites in the grounds of Chateau Saumur in the Loire Valley followed by 2 weeks in Burgundy (although I do have to log on and work for a couple of days!)

3 kids, 2 dogs and 1 wife in tow…

If anyone has any tips for the part of the Loire to the East of Tours let me know! I might buy an inflatable Kayak and float down the Loire for a bit!

10 days in a big house in the south of France with 3 other families, can’t wait! Best bit is a mate and I are biking down, very understanding wives as we’re meeting them and the kids there

For the Forth year running we are heading to Holland. An amazing place called Duinrell. It's collection of chalets, static caravans and campers, has a HUGE indoor swimming complex with over a dozen waterslides, it's own theme park with rides for everyone from tinies to nut jobs! If you book direct, the swimming is free every day and the theme park is free also.

Also, the local town is 10 mins ealk away with over a dozen really nice family friendly restaurants.

It's just 230 very easy miles from Calais, so very easy to get to.

I know I am praising it a lot, but for us with two kids (now 11 & 12) with disabilities, the amenities, locality and staff couldn't be frendlier and more welcoming

if anyone wants to know more, drop me a line

John

Goeck (Turkey) for me. Spa hotel with a bit of sailing, diving, retail and site seeing thrown in.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche