closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Mark Hollis

Master

Mark Hollis

Apparently Mark Hollis of Talk Talk has passed away at only 64. This is very sad, we've lost a talented and principled man far far too soon. I'd always hoped that one day he might come back to music but sadly it looks like this is not to be.

His only solo album is a joy, sparse and ethereal with every note perfectly placed.

Part of my childhood listening to their tunes on my way to work. Far too young to go, but hopefully had a full life.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Read this earlier today, very sad! Talk Talk were a superb band and their music still stands up today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's very sad news.

Master
    Such a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy67 View Post
    Apparently Mark Hollis of Talk Talk has passed away at only 64. This is very sad, we've lost a talented and principled man far far too soon. I'd always hoped that one day he might come back to music but sadly it looks like this is not to be.

His only solo album is a joy, sparse and ethereal with every note perfectly placed.
    I bought his solo album years ago and only recently rediscovered it when I had some shelves made for (some of!) my CD collection. It's an amazing album and was supposed to be the second half of Laughing Stock and released as a Talk Talk album but it was decided it should go out as a solo effort.

I also hoped he'd come back one day but it wasn't to be.
    "A man of little significance"

Quote Originally Posted by cbh View Post
    Such a shame.
    I see what you did there :)
    Last edited by Sam100; 1st March 2019 at 08:13.

Sad loss of a brilliant musician. RIP Mark Hollis. One of my favourite groups.

Really sad news, love his music.
    F.T.F.A.

Not an artist or band I was really aware of, in the cultural sense, so I learned something from this article that gives insight into Hollis' work and its significance.

Mark Hollis: reluctant pop star who redefined rock

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Not an artist or band I was really aware of, in the cultural sense, so I learned something from this article that gives insight into Hollis' work and its significance.

Mark Hollis: reluctant pop star who redefined rock
    Great obit, really enjoyed reading that, if enjoyed is the right term.

My favourite 80’s band, to say I am gutted is an understatement. RIP Mark.

My absolute favourite band. Very sad and far too young

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“Before you play two notes, learn how to play one note, y’know. And that, it’s as simple as that really. And don’t play one note unless you’ve got a reason to play it.”

This one quote says everything that needs to be said of Mark Hollis' musical integrity. Growing up in Oz in the '80s his music completely passed me by. It was only about 12 years ago I recall hearing the opening notes of Colour Of Spring and excitedly asking, who is that!?

A total genius in my honest opinion and so undervalued and so little recognized for his excellence. From the brilliance of the electro-dance single Talk Talk to the deeply meaningful songs of Colours Of Spring et al the man was a rare talent. The final few seconds of the last track of his solo album, effectively the end of his recorded output, has always felt poignant. You can sense that he has given all that he can give, said everything he wanted to say. It’s quietly devastating and yet perfect. Rejoice in him. play his music guys.. Bathe in his magnificence. so glad we have the music to remember him by.

Time its Time….

What a lovely 8 minutes and the ending

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...FW7s9m5eqtkvqd

Master
    I would pay severely heavy coin, to be transported back in time, when he played Spirit Of Eden for the record execs. Severely fecking heavy coin.

I've been saying for years, that if I had a time machine, I'd want to go back to a King Crimson concert with Jamie Muir in it. If push came to the shove and I only had one return trip in said machine, there is a good chance I'd plump for Spirit Of Eden.

Rob.

Master
    'Spirit of Eden' is a joy every listen and one of those albums that compels a complete listen.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk