closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Seamaster.....I could be in trouble

Craftsman

New Seamaster.....I could be in trouble

So, I went into Goldsmiths in Southampton this morning just to try on the new Seamaster SMP and see if I liked it and if so which model suited me best......you know, just for something to do on my day off......

One hour later and....
    ATTACH

Now I could be in some serious bother with Mrs Jimmer68!

I think my watch buying could be at an end for a while so I might as well include a state of the collection photo

I’ll report back with some initial findings on the new Omega in a day or two but for now tin hat on for when the boss gets home tonight

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jimmer42; 25th February 2019 at 15:26.

Master
    Like it. Looks good!

Craftsman
    Lovely watch. My wife is the one who wants me to get a collection of watches and gives me the go ahead to buy whenever I see anything. It’s swings and roundabouts though as we went to my mates house on Sat for my wife to give details of sites/shops/eating in New York as she has been several times and my mates wife hasn’t been before and she goes at the weekend. Half way though going through travel details my mates wife said it would be good for my wife to go as well to help her find her way around- skip 5 mins later and my wife had booked flights/hotel and taxi from the airport and she leaves in 5 days. She knows I’m happy for her to do what she wants and she knows I like watches so why not. Lol

Hey that's a nice blue!
    It's blue, right?

BUBI 0_0

love this and really want one to sit next to my original bond.

Any discount on it? Really is nice. Needs the rubber with it as well :)

Craftsman
    You could always say is a "test watch"...like a test drive, just to see how it fits etc.

Very nice!!! On my list..which is growing daily😀

Quote Originally Posted by jimmer42 View Post
    So, I went into Goldsmiths in Southampton this morning just to try on the new Seamaster SMP and see if I liked it and if so which model suited me best......you know, just for something to do on my day off......

One hour later and....
    ATTACH

I think my watch buying could be at an end for a while so I might as well include a state of the collection photo

I’ll report back with some initial findings on the new Omega in a day or two but for now tin hat on for when the boss gets home tonight

Like that watch. The date is better there!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Congrats. Lovely collection. I've seen the Smiths Everest and am intrigued. What's your thoughts as an owner.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Lovely looking watch, congrats on the spontaneous pickup... always the best ones!

Thats the way to do it. Good luck explaining to the Mrs. When I was lucky enough to get a PO mine was convinced I'd bought another Speedmaster.
    I had to show her them side by side and eventually she could see they were not the same.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by markyboy.1967 View Post
    Lovely watch. My wife is the one who wants me to get a collection of watches and gives me the go ahead to buy whenever I see anything. It’s swings and roundabouts though as we went to my mates house on Sat for my wife to give details of sites/shops/eating in New York as she has been several times and my mates wife hasn’t been before and she goes at the weekend. Half way though going through travel details my mates wife said it would be good for my wife to go as well to help her find her way around- skip 5 mins later and my wife had booked flights/hotel and taxi from the airport and she leaves in 5 days. She knows I’m happy for her to do what she wants and she knows I like watches so why not. Lol
    Seems like a good arrangement to me....hope she has a good time

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ichaice View Post
    Congratulations. I almost did the same this morning but managed to resist going into the AD. Did you manage to get any discount?
    I didn’t but that was because I utilised interest free as we have building work being done at home. I think 10% is achievable though

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpingjalapeno View Post
    Congrats. Lovely collection. I've seen the Smiths Everest and am intrigued. What's your thoughts as an owner.

I really like but the original 39 mm that I have feels a little big on me due to the long lugs......so if I was in the market now, I’d get the new 36mm

Master
    You need a lot more watches, then she won't notice.

Craftsman
    Lovely looking watch. I've come close to getting the previous smpc version but the bracelet has put me off.

Just looking at the new bracelet, despite being the same basic design, it somehow looks sleeker and less busy. Looking at a comparison, the new bracelet looks to have wider centre links and a flatter profile? Presumably, if the centre links are wider, the polished links are narrower? They look less prominent anyway. To me, the new bracelet is more visually appealing than its predecessor, despite at first glance being the same design. A clever move by omega I think.

what's your opinion on the new bracelet? Is it a noticeable difference in reality?

Blog Entries
    Lovely watch Jim and suits you well

I really like but the original 39 mm that I have feels a little big on me due to the long lugs......so if I was in the market now, I’d get the new 36mm

Thanks. Yea it's the 36 that's interesting me

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by D4RW1N View Post
    Lovely looking watch. I've come close to getting the previous smpc version but the bracelet has put me off.

Just looking at the new bracelet, despite being the same basic design, it somehow looks sleeker and less busy. Looking at a comparison, the new bracelet looks to have wider centre links and a flatter profile? Presumably, if the centre links are wider, the polished links are narrower? They look less prominent anyway. To me, the new bracelet is more visually appealing than its predecessor, despite at first glance being the same design. A clever move by omega I think.

what's your opinion on the new bracelet? Is it a noticeable difference in reality?
    I’ve only wore it for a couple of hours, but the profile is flatter and more squared at the edges than previously. It’s very comfortable and the micro adjust is great and really simple to use. I think the bracelet is really quite nice.

Other initial thoughts are that the watch is much more visually striking than you get from the photos and it really is high quality. It does feel a little larger and thicker on the wrist ( which it is)than previous SMP’s and this puts it right on the size limit for me with a wrist just under 7”. It did try it on the blue rubber oem and it felt perfect,so I suspect I will get one at some point

Last edited by jimmer42; 25th February 2019 at 23:43.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB Scotland View Post
    Lovely watch Jim and suits you well

Thanks Michael....I think that I’m pretty happy with what I have watch wise now, it feels like a good mix for me......unless Mrs Jimmer really kicks off....she’s just scowling for now!

Craftsman

I don't think they offer this latest model in a midsize version do they?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by smalltime View Post
    I don't think they offer this latest model in a midsize version do they?
    This was in answer to a question about the new versus old Smiths Everest which can now be bought in either 36 or 39 mm size.
    You are right that there is no midsize SMP though, maybe they should think about this

Craftsman
    Ahh, sorry... should of read it properly. Please forgive me.

I do wish omega would make the new seamaster in midsize though as 42mm is way too big for me and it's such a good watch.

Master
    I did try it on the blue rubber oem and it felt perfect,so I suspect I will get one at some point

Out of interest, did the AD mention how much the OEM strap was?

Quote Originally Posted by adesmith View Post
    love this and really want one to sit next to my original bond.

Any discount on it? Really is nice. Needs the rubber with it as well :)
    I was getting 30% off these for the PSA before I had to pull the offer. I'd say 15% is easy, you may get 20% as a cash (not Amex) buyer.

Craftsman
    Lovely looking watch.
    I keep looking at these, the size is spot on for me.
    I have purchased a few watches from Goldsmiths, what discount do you get ?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by lughugger View Post
    Out of interest, did the AD mention how much the OEM strap was?
    The rubber strap is £220

Journeyman

One hour later and....
    ATTACH

Fantastic example of asking for forgiveness later☺

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Looks absolutely stunning on the wrist... I'm sure you will be forgiven... usually work.

There was the lighter blue version in the window of the pawn shop in the Marlands centre on Thursday. I was a bit surprised, considering how long these have been out, that someone had had to hock theirs already!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I was getting 30% off these for the PSA before I had to pull the offer. I'd say 15% is easy, you may get 20% as a cash (not Amex) buyer.
    I think there’s been 3 sold on SC already for £2600-2700, 25-28% off new. All minters and only a couple of weeks old.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    I think there’s been 3 sold on SC already for £2600-2700, 25-28% off new. All minters and only a couple of weeks old.
    And all bar the light blue dial one supplied by myself as part of the PSA.

Master
    What's the PSA ?

Master
    Absolutely love mine though I went for the black dial and got the rubber to.
    Last edited by shoppy; 3rd March 2019 at 00:07.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwozza70 View Post
    Looks absolutely stunning on the wrist... I'm sure you will be forgiven... usually work.
    Funny enough, we are going shopping today

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    One of these was withdrawn and was being sold at such a price for very specific reasons which I’ll not elaborate on. The other two were via Ryan’s offer which does not reflect the open market. Also sc pricing does not typically reflect market price because of the nature of selling on here. I would not be too quick to assume that based on such a limited sample, 25% plus discount is going to be achievable. 10-15% is more likely

Last edited by jimmer42; 3rd March 2019 at 09:06.

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    And all bar the light blue dial one supplied by myself as part of the PSA.
    Light blue dial...what one is that ....do you mean the grey one?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gee252 View Post
    Lovely looking watch.
    I keep looking at these, the size is spot on for me.
    I have purchased a few watches from Goldsmiths, what discount do you get ?
    I think you will get 10%

Master
    I think you will get 10%

Goldsmiths Brent Cross London offered me 13% discount off a stainless steel version about 2-3 months ago without me even asking for it. 20% is available out there if you ask around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by michael.jaye View Post
    Goldsmiths Brent Cross London offered me 13% discount off a stainless steel version about 2-3 months ago without me even asking for it. 20% is available out there if you ask around.

I did see some grey market ones for around £3100 earlier

Anyone know the Omega part number for the blue rubber strap? I Can't find it on the Omega website.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    Just phone your nearest Omega retailer

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I tried one of these recently, it may have been the lighter blue version looking at the pics, but fancied it, but then SWMBO appears with the disapproving face on, dealer had a matching ladies in stock but funds wouldn't stretch to a pair, and I have plans for later this year, was still in the window the other day, there was no mention of discount though. Must resist asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitfitter View Post
    I tried one of these recently, it may have been the lighter blue version looking at the pics, but fancied it, but then SWMBO appears with the disapproving face on, dealer had a matching ladies in stock but funds wouldn't stretch to a pair, and I have plans for later this year, was still in the window the other day, there was no mention of discount though. Must resist asking.
    From experience of my local AD I went in with a friend how liked the grey dial. He was considering it asked if there was a deal to be had for a card purchase today was offered it for £3200 without any further pushing. Not a bad price!

Craftsman
    Lovely watch. I am tempted by this or the previous model in blue. I much prefer the crown guards on the new model, but prefer the bezel on the old model. Hmmm...

Craftsman
    Love the wave dial! Cracking pickup sir!

Stunning

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app