closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A Week with a PRS-57

Craftsman

A Week with a PRS-57

With not being at work for a few days I've had the opportunity to wear the PRS-57 for the week, and while the cream dial wouldn't have been initially my first choice, it has very much grown on me, particularly like the blued hands.

Also the lighter dial makes the watch seem a tad bigger than its true size, which in turn masks its depth, though I've not really noticed it since initially putting the watch on and I've not had issues of sleeves snagging on it either.

Overall quality appears good, though a window shopping visit to a Bremont dealers allowed me to compare it to their MP model, which is a step above in quality, though at a far higher price tag, making the 57 somewhat of a bargain considering the movements are the same.

Decided the straps it came with didn't really suit it IMHO, so as a temporary measure I fitted a CWC dark brown leather strap I had abandoned in a draw. Would probably have been happy to keep it this way, however I cannot get the perfect adjustment with this strap, so I do need to find an alternative.

Not adjusted the watch during the week and its been kept face up on a side table during the night, gaining 45 seconds over the 7 days, which is within the tolerances for the movement. Have also tried the chrono function and the button does need a reassuring firm press to activate it, so cannot be inadvertently set in motion.

Of the Timefactors I've tried this is easily the best to date.

Last edited by Ed875; 3rd December 2021 at 17:30.

Great to hear it’s still ticking all the boxes after a week of wear. My choice would have been the black dial, but there’s no denying how good that looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Nice review in the real world.
    A cracking watch at a reasonable price!

Journeyman
    Thank you for the read.

A good write up...... I'm very happy with mine (Black version) ...and currently have it on a brown leather strap The lugs aree quite short so the stap rubs against the case, but over time i'm sure it will wear in.

Mine has become my go-to watch, rotation be damned.

I've given a vintage Seamaster a couple of outings but nearly 3 weeks in and the 57 has had 80% of the wrist time.