closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko Helment 6139 Sevicing help

Craftsman

Seiko Helment 6139 Sevicing help

Can anyone point me in the direction of someone to service my ailing Seiko Helmet?

Bought it a few years ago knowing it had an issue with a low power (a few hours at most) reserve but after digging it out recently it has absolutely no reserve at all (off the wrist it stops).Then again has been sat in a box for the last 5 years!
    I did send it to a local Jeweller who,after messing about with it, said it was hard to source the parts need (mainspring?) and on sending it back the second hand now resets to 6 instead of 12!!.Also I have no idea how much of it is genuine or cobbled together?

Not sure what to do for the best,choice is flip it for parts,or get it serviced (no idea of cost),or just replacing it with a problem free replacement?.

Can anyone give me an idea of service cost or a recommendation of where to send it?

Paul

Duncan Thewatchbloke is the Seiko ‘go to guy’ on here, he’s very busy though and periodically stops taking on work to catch up. You might get lucky.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Craftsman
    Cheers
    Duncan is not taking any more orders atm but I did drop him an email just in case.

Craftsman
    Actually Duncan has replied.
    16 week minimum before its on the Bench.In no rush so not a problem.

Not in a rush so unless anyone has other suggestions it may be the way to go

Or Dave McKane (Dynam0humm/Benchdweller)
    https://www.instagram.com/benchdweller.uk