closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: CW C65 GMT

CW C65 GMT

I have worn this for a couple of weeks. Very appealing watch. The 41mm diameter coupled with a slim and curving profile makes it for me a good daily wearer.
    On the Hirsch Capitano Strap it’s v comfortable (more so imo than the oem bracelet I bought it on).
    The dial is superb. Raised batons, good balance between date and brand name. The imprinted double flag does not intrude and the six o’clock script in minimal. The black on the dial and the date background are a match. I think the balance I refer to above is helped by the brand name and date also matching in colour. The lume colour is just right; the dial I think has “space”.
    Hands are good length, shape and synch nicely with the batons. Lume is good not torchlike but functional and lasting.
    GMT functions are what you’d expect from the 2893 works within and in my case I think the GMT hand and strap colours work well with the “look” of this watch.
    The raised box sapphire crystal is “crystal clear”; it’s shape bringing edge distortion to increase the interest of the dial. Nicely done solid back with well executed and bold trident.
    A thin 24hr steel bezel is restrained easy to read and it’s milled edge is elegant. Well sized push pull signed crown is lovely to use and once you’re conditioned to trust the 150m depth rating without a screw down crown watch can be worn for swimming bathing showering etc.
    Yes, elegant is a good description for this watch - it is good to look at can be worn casual or formal and has interesting facets to its character that make wearing it engaging as well as mood raising.
    This is my first ever CW and I will probably look to add another in due course.
    Oh! BTW the accuracy of its time keeping is incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nice looking watch. It is fashionable to diss CW here and they are prone to scoring some own goals but they do make good watches. Enjoy it.

Master
    Been drooling at this in their catalogue. Very gorgeous watch.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    It is one of their more attractive models of late. Hope you didnt pay full price for it though. Annual fathers day sale will no doubt cut 20% of the price.

Nice watch. Great size. I think the case is stunning...perfect depth.
    Would seriously consider one.

Craftsman
    Real stunning piece. My preference would be the blue dial, but they're all lookers.

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app

Hmm - split decision for me....

Great looking watch

Terrible strap

Nice looking thing, I've been looking at the non-GMT that shares the same case with some degree of avarice recently.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

It has been a real pleasure watching CWL upping their game and the case profile of this piece is testament to their efforts to improve. I’ve been looking closely at this very watch. Images such as yours OP are very welcome. Ignore the inevitable nonsense that will ensure once the watch snobs get wind of a positive post about a CWL watch.

Nice review Robbie. I like this... at the right price I would give it a go. Is it better value than a Steinhart GMT as a point to of reference? I would say it is... just for the fact it's less if a homage.

Craftsman
    I really like the looks of this watch, however I am still not sure I could live with the text at 9 o'clock. Who on earth though that was a good idea! Looks great on that orange strap though.

That's actually very interesting! What's the lume like? Any pics?

BUBI 0_0

Master
    Looks really nice, and the dimensions are excellent. Elegant and much more interesting case sides than usual too.
    All the C65s look great, imo.