closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The new Omega

Craftsman

The new Omega

Decided to take a few quick pics of my new Omega Seamaster Diver 300M. Only got it a few days ago and its the 3rd watch I'm my collection. A very appreciated purchase from Dominic Hacket from Hacket Watches as i was directed there by a few of the forum members(Cheers). The crown is in the open position so the seconds don't move, just in case anyone is wondering..lol

Omega Seamaster Diver 300M by Mark Molloy, on Flickr

Omega Seamaster Diver 300m by Mark Molloy, on Flickr
    Last edited by markyboy.1967; 23rd February 2019 at 15:51.

Master
    V stylish, modern watch and nice pics. Enjoy.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Looks great! Congratulations, blue version for me next month 😀 now just to decide if my quartz SMP is gona go or kept for a grab & go watch!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by markyboy.1967 View Post
    The crown is in the open position so the seconds don't move, just in case anyone is wondering..
    Doh, that’s why I’ve seen that a lot in pictures - always assumed there was an issue with the crown! Obvious if I had thought it through...

Lovely pictures.

Very nice and great pics too👍

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    Doh, that’s why I’ve seen that a lot in pictures - always assumed there was an issue with the crown! Obvious if I had thought it through...

Lovely pictures.
    Yeah it would have been fine if i was using flash to stop movement but with low natural light i would need to up the ISO to stop the seconds hand so easier to stop it and use a longish exposure.

Blog Entries
    Very nice, did consider that colour but took the default option in blue in the end!

My blue one says Hi.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Craftsman
    I like the blue and the black as well and considered those but i was opting for thus instead of a blue Tudor Pelagos so decided to go grey so if i want later i can still get the blue Pelagos.

Nice pics and congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    I like the blue and the black as well and considered those but i was opting for thus instead of a blue Tudor Pelagos so decided to go grey so if i want later i can still get the blue Pelagos.
    Nice idea, keeping the door open for more watches!!
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Craftsman
    Awesome pics!

Just got back from town myself with exactly the same model. I looked at all three colours, but picked silver as that's what attracted me first. Going back on Monday to order the blue strap.

Glad to see I'm not the only one in silver. Hope you enjoy yours

Master
    Love it! That dail colour is great and i am glad to see the wave patern back. I am also fond of the place of the date window. This makes me want to have a seamaster again!

Blog Entries
    Decided to take a few quick pics of my new Omega Seamaster Diver 300M. Only got it a few days ago and its the 3rd watch I'm my collection. A very appreciated purchase from Dominic Hacket from Hacket Watches as i was directed there by a few of the forum members(Cheers). The crown is in the open position so the seconds don't move, just in case anyone is wondering..lol

Omega Seamaster Diver 300m by Mark Molloy, on Flickr
    Mine says the usual !

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Mine says the usual !

Was looking at the blue version the other day at Gatwick ,unfortunately they never had a black one ,if you get bored give us a shout

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Mine says the usual !

they're both absolutely stunning, enjoy!!
    Last edited by RD200; 24th February 2019 at 08:42.

Master
    These are a really lovely watch.

Was going to buy one last week and had my heart set on the black one but they also had a blue one in and now can't decide.

Master
    Not a huge fan of this watch but your pics are great and actually that dial and bezel combo is definitely a grower. Congrats.

Craftsman
    Really nice. Never been a fan of the seamaster but this latest version is winning me over

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan1981 View Post
    Really nice. Never been a fan of the seamaster but this latest version is winning me over

Agreed. I love the PO 2500 and always thought that would be my next Omega but these new Seamasters have me thinking again.

Love this watch - all three are great. Not generally an Omega fan, but this certainly has tempted me (thankfully no budget, so all a mute point!)

Craftsman
    Lovely watch, super snaps. Enjoy!

Apprentice
    Was going to show mine but I give up. Can't seem to embed the image into the message from OneDrive...

Finally done it, can do it from PC but not from mobile....

I was torn over the 2 tone or black stainless. When I saw them in the flesh I just found the black stainless has more of a pop. The monochrome with the subtle amount of Red text and minute hand tip just gives it enough of contrast to keep it interesting.

HOWEVER.... I'm loving the new full monochrome Titanium version!
    Last edited by ninjin; 26th February 2019 at 12:54.

Apprentice
    My plan was to always wear it on rubber, so I got a orignal rubber strap for it and put away the steel strap for safe keeping.

Many ask why I don't just buy the rubber version and save some cost... My reasoning for this, if I was to ever sell it, not everyone wants a rubber strap version so the stainless version has the biggest target resale market in conjunction with the additonal rubber strap.

Apprentice
    One thing I also only just found out about this range of seamaster 300m is the ceramic dial. The stainless version come with waves in recess, i.e. Cut into the dial like a canyon. The titanium and Gold versions have the waves in relief, i.e. The waves protrude from the dial like ridges.
    Last edited by ninjin; 26th February 2019 at 12:48.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjin View Post
    My plan was to always wear it on rubber, so I got a orignal rubber strap for it and put away the steel strap for safe keeping.

Many ask why I don't just buy the rubber version and save some cost... My reasoning for this, if I was to ever sell it, not everyone wants a rubber strap version so the stainless version has the biggest target resale market in conjunction with the additonal rubber strap.

You have done it the right way as it's only £80 cheaper on the rubber.

Love these and i can't decide between blue and black but edging towards black.

Craftsman
    The new wave dial is a real grower, they all look great - congratulations guys!

Cheers
    Rory

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    You have done it the right way as it's only £80 cheaper on the rubber.

Love these and i can't decide between blue and black but edging towards black.
    Well, you know my thoughts :)

I got the hands on mine in Dec 2018 after waiting a few months, the first one into my AD infact. I had reserved 2 pcs both the black and 2 tone to see which I preferred. But before my AD got them in, I actaully saw both in the flesh in Bangkok at one of the Omega boutiques. Whilst the 2 tone looks better to me in the online reviews and omega website, in the flesh it just doesn't pop as much as the black which I ended up with.

So I just notified my AD that no need to reserve both and that I settled on the Black.

Its a great watch but does wear small for a 42mm in comparison to other 42mm I have. Not sure why but must be something to do with the lug to lug distance (top lug to lower lug) and the lug width.

Craftsman

The new Omega

Loving the blue!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Is there any bracelet adjustability on these new ones? I have the old 2523.80.00 -

https://www.omegawatches.com/watch-o...41-mm-25358000

- but can't ever get the bracelet to feel right, so it lives on a nato. (Or it did until it broke last week, but that's one for another thread.)

The bracelet retains the same style but I was wondering if the clasp had been revised.

Craftsman
    The bracelet/clasp has a push button adjustment and it can make a massive difference to how it fits.

Master
    The bracelet/clasp has a push button adjustment and it can make a massive difference to how it fits.
    Excellent. Anyone know if the new clasp fits the old bracelet? That would be ace.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    Take your watch into an Omega dealer and they will answer your question
    Ah yes, the fabled expertise of the high-street AD.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I really REALLY like that grey dial.

Which is surprising because I really didn't like the older models. Wonder whats changed.