closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Selling to Watchfinder - question!?

Selling to Watchfinder - question!?

I’m thinking of selling a couple of watches to WF as they’ve given me fairly respectable offers for them. But, they give a range to their valuation and I wondered if people on the forum had experience of selling to them?

What causes them to offer at the lower end of the range once they’ve inspected the watch? If the watch is unmarked and complete with box/papers etc should I be expecting the upper end of the range? Is an unstamped warranty card an issue??

Thanks in advance!!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    What causes them to offer at the lower end of the range once they’ve inspected the watch?
    greed. Profit margins. Walk away if they don’t offer the higher range. They will come back with a counter offer.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    And make sure you have proof of purchase!

And be ready with a DNA sample

If it really is unmarked with everything you should expect to receive upper end of range.

If the warranty card is unstamped that could be an issue, and could result in lower value. I would have mentioned it when first enquiring.

I’ve always been given the top end of the offer with no problems

I’ve always either received the top offer or argued and got them to pay it if they’ve tried to pay less. The unstamped papers will be an issue if you haven’t already advised them as they will view this as being without papers.

Master
    I have sometimes had the top offer and sometimes the lower. When they offer the lower, I have always phoned and queried it and they come back and offer the top end pretty quickly. I have never had them not do.

Something I did find interesting is that when selling to them, most i would think send it in, and that seems to take 5 working days to go through their "testing" process. If you take it into one of their shops, which I did recently, they come up with a final price there and then. So it was much quicker to take to store.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Danstone View Post
    I’ve always either received the top offer or argued and got them to pay it if they’ve tried to pay less. The unstamped papers will be an issue if you haven’t already advised them as they will view this as being without papers.
    Why would they do this? Even if they’re not stamped they’re most likely dated??

I’m interested because the papers for my PO aren’t stamped. Not that Im worried about selling anytime soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean89 View Post
    Why would they do this? Even if they’re not stamped they’re most likely dated??

I’m interested because the papers for my PO aren’t stamped. Not that Im worried about selling anytime soon.
    You may find it difficult to get any warranty work done by Omega if the warranty card is not stamped - basically the warranty is void of not stamped. See their warranty T&C.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    You may find it difficult to get any warranty work done by Omega if the warranty card is not stamped - basically the warranty is void of not stamped. See their warranty T&C.
    It’s not an issue anymore - it’s about 8years old but fair point. This was my first new watch purchase so I was oblivious at the time that they weren’t stamped.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    And make sure you have proof of purchase!
    Big one that to knock price tried it with me.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Master
    I traded a watch back in December and there was no arguing on price, they paid the top end of their offer and I left happy.

Apprentice
    I used them recently, offered top of range when I took it in to a store and payment received 5 days later. Very easy process.

Suppose it depends on how badly they want to get the watch into stock, if they have lots already that might influence their approach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    I didn't have the best experience with Watchfinder recently. Dropped the watch into the Birmingham branch, which had to sent off for a final offer. Didn't hear back from them, and after several phone calls was told that they can't make an offer as the crystal was chipped, and a complete denial that it happened whilst the watch was with them. After a few further calls and confirmation from the Birmingham branch that it was not chipped they offered the lower end of the offer. As it was only £200 less than the top offer I accepted, and saved a load of further hassle.

Not the best experience, but have to say the staff in the branch were pretty good.