closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It was only a matter of time

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    If all cars have gps controlled speed limiters, where’s the £0.8 billion in lost revenue going to come from?

You can be sure that they’ll claw it back somewhere!
    NHS, emergency service etc. savings.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    How might that be done?
    Probably quite easy with the way technology is going, I see there is cameras now that can virtually spot the type of phone you are using but that doesn't stop the people who look down with the phone below the steering wheel.

The penalties for phone use in cars need to be really increased to a level where it is just not worth trying it on.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    You're on a wind up, with people glued to their speedos all the time rather than concentrating on the road and conditions, what percentage of accidents will be attributed this.
    In my world which is usually between 8 and 9 hours driving 5 or 6 days a week the majority of road users spend more time concentrating on not getting caught using there phones than there driving. I never have a problem with speeding it’s the idiots that think that 55 on a dual or motorway on cruise is acceptable where they trip up all the wagons.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    Probably quite easy with the way technology is going, I see there is cameras now that can virtually spot the type of phone you are using but that doesn't stop the people who look down with the phone below the steering wheel.

The penalties for phone use in cars need to be really increased to a level where it is just not worth trying it on.

Screens in cars are looking more and more like phone screens as it is. I've seen this BMW Apple CarPlay feature which appears to (partly or otherwise) mirror your iPhone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNfX4FrfXwk

'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Haven’t Volvo committed to electric only by 2020, so marketing to fit with their plans.

The comment about 25% of accidents being caused by speeding is a bit inflammatory, but having worked there I would say accidents in America are caused by American drivers.