closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Cheap prescription spectacles/glasses

Master

Cheap prescription spectacles/glasses

I’m feeling tight but fancy a pair of prescription sunglasses.

The last pair I bought from an opticians was very expensive and in all honesty, I only rarely wear sunglasses.

Does anyone have recent experience of the online sellers?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I've used a few.,Lensway,specky Four Eyes and Cilliary Blue.

All have been much cheaper and as long as your perscription is correct all should be well,and even if not think they all offer free returns and money back.

Cheap enough to leave in the car,use as spares etc.

Not sure of prices now,but usually one or the other has a "deal" on or you can find a coupon online..mine were around £30-£35 with del.

I bought some Armani frames and varifocal lenses from Spex4less. A lot cheaper for this kind of stuff than I'd found.

However, I then bought a pair of each lens type for £5 each from Superdrug online and have found them excellent.

Master

Cheap prescription spectacles/glasses

Thanks. Spex4less was one of the outlets I was considering.

If I don’t have a thinned down lens, they’re like the bottom of jam jars so I tend to have to pay out anyway, but I’m pretty sure the last pair of sunglasses was about £500.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahiti View Post

If I don’t have a thinned down lens, they’re like the bottom of jam jars so I tend to have to pay out anyway, but I’m pretty sure the last pair of sunglasses was about £500.

I was nervous buying online as this was really my first ever pair but with the prescription you put in the details and can scan it too.

Was extremely impressed with service and delivery time (although I missed it by one day when I was going away). Can highly recommend. My glasses were £192 and comprised of the following plus Armani frames

Glasses Use
    1 x Varifocals £0.00
    Varifocal Type
    1 x Premium £87.00
    Lens Index (Thinness)
    1 x 1.6 Thin £40.00
    Lens Colour - Type
    1 x Clear Lenses £0.00
    Coatings
    1 x Multi Anti-Reflective (High Visibility) £20.00

Blog Entries
    Have got two pairs of single vision sunnies got two for £75.00 single vision and with my over 65 discount they cost me £81.00 in total.
    I keep a pair in both cars as i wear reactolite varifocals on a daily basis.

https://www.boots.com/opticians/glas...asses-10238442

Just went in to Specsavers for the first time yesterday and ordered some Hackett readers and Boss sunnies for £149 on a BOGOF offer, not cheap but a lot less than Vision Express which I've used in the past.

Specsavers are currently doing 2 for 1 on glassed over £69, and they have quite a few decent styles at that price. So you could get two pairs for a £35 each, not bad from a store where you can try them on first. Personally I wouldn't order specs online without having tried the physical frames first.

Journeyman
    I have tried both Specky Four Eyes and Cilliary Blue and never had any issues. With the latter I would normally buy sunglasses themselves when on sale on amazon etc. and then have them reglaze them to my prescription. Works out cheaper than going to your national chains and you have a much better selection of frames.

Journeyman
    Always use shadestation..cheaper stuff (north beach etc) £45/£50 ish. Daily dog walkers. No complaints normally delivered in 48 hours maximum

Sent from my SM-N950F using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Got the Mrs some from spex4less at the last minute for a upcoming holiday as specsavers dropped a right clanger with her order.
    Scanned her prescription and glasses arrived in no time and a quarter of the price she had ordered from specsavers.
    I would recommend Spex4less.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahiti View Post

I don't know if you're aware, but ASDA opticians will upgrade you to thinner lenses for free if you actually need them. This usually makes them way cheaper than any other bricks and mortar store.