closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Speedy 145.022 Clear Case Back?

Craftsman

Speedy 145.022 Clear Case Back?

I’m looking at Speedmasters at the moment and I’m not massively keen on them with the current bracelet (looks same as my Seamaster) so have looked back at older ones. I like the 90’s bracelet and older and recently came across an apparent ‘unworn’ watch from 1994 on a 483 range serial number.

What I thought to be strange was that the watch has a clear caseback. Can’t say I love it as I don’t feel it suits the nature of the watch, but the purpose of the question is was this actually an option in 1994 or has this been added to this ‘unworn’ watch?

Pics for ref

Could be a 3592.50, this was the first clear caseback and had tritium. Most of the later 3572.50s had luminova. The link shows a 3592.50 form 1992.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/1992...-50-b-p.38845/

look perfectly normal 3592.

Craftsman
    Thank you for the ‘Speedy’ responses.

Does the dial, hands etc look correct/original and as would be for an ‘unworn’ example?

Also is this box and bits right?

The tritium on the hands and the dial appear to have aged at different rates, but everything looks normal. The small wooden box is correct and the booklets are period.

Note the difference in colour of the 863 movement with gold / gilt bridges. This was definitely designed to have a display back and IMO makes it quite a bit more desirable than a standard pro (even if it is less ‘NASA’ because of the sapphire).

Master
    Current Speedmaster bracelets look nothing like the seamaster bracelet

Craftsman
    They look exactly like my Seamaster 2254.50 bracelet.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dommorton View Post
    They look exactly like my Seamaster 2254.50 bracelet.
    Wah! Beaten to it! The bracelets look identical but when I bought my Speedy the AD said that, while the patterns are identical, the links are different sizes - the Speedy links are bigger apparently.

Craftsman
    Ok so where to folk see this nice tidy ‘full set’ Speedy price wise?

I presume though ‘unworn’ it would benefit from a service.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Ok so where to folk see this nice tidy ‘full set’ Speedy price wise?

I presume though ‘unworn’ it would benefit from a service.
    How much is it on Chrono24 for?

Craftsman
    4,650 €

Journeyman
    I paid £1850 for a 3592.50 in a private sale last year but no box or papers. On the hands being less aged than the dial, possible service with new hands? That was offered when I had my one serviced. I love my one. I like the clear case back it is a novelty and somethig for the owner to admire. The aged dials look great (I think).

Craftsman
    Well if the unworn status is true you imagine it also to be unopened and not serviced but who knows.

It seems a bit punchy on price. Makes me think maybe I should just get a recent one and add a 1171 bracelet.

Well if the unworn status is true you imagine it also to be unopened and not serviced but who knows.

It seems a bit punchy on price. Makes me think maybe I should just get a recent one and add a 1171 bracelet.
    That is a valid option and you will come out much better money wise.
    However the one from the 90s you are showing sporting the 1479 bracelet with 812 end links I believe.
    I have a modern Speedy with that exact bracelet. Although it needed a slight modding on the end links I have now a serviced, reliable modern Speedmaster offering worry free wearing but with a vintage touch.
    Quite enjoying.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Yep love that. I prefer just about all of the older bracelets over the current one for the Speedy. The clasps are also better suited I feel. Maybe it’s just that I’ve had the Seamaster with the bracelet style similar to the current Speedy for so long that I associate it with that watch, which strangely I think it looks great on.

Craftsman
    4,650 €
    Price has gone up to 5,495 € now

Something odd about this one. Buyer was a little short in his response to questions so I think I’ll give it a miss.