Hi.

Would anyone happen to know what might be compatible with this movement that's more current and dare I say cheaper considering the only one I could find is £100?

More to the point of the thread, this one I have is pulsing at I reckon around 100BPM on my Flashtest, but doesn't want to tick for long either.. .well it's a 2 hander. But what pulse rate should these give and does anyone have a theory as to why a movement like this pulse so fast given that I would expect it to simply not work or be way more inconsistent?

I don't want to strip it and clean it as imo it would seem as though the circuit is faulty, but I'm not sure if the circuit has some weird difference or I'm missing something.... if anything I thought it should be either 60bpm or something like 2 as all it needs to do is shift the minute hand every now and again....at least every erm....minute. :)

It also seems as though 956.032, 956.042, 956.102 or an HR775 would be a fit....depending on hand height, movement height and 2 hands or 3 hands. A replacement ETA 4000 circuit for the original 950.001 would be cool to do as a course of action, as it would be nice to know the pulse was accurate once more before stripping and cleaning. That said, it is likely more cost effective to simply drop a 956.032 in to the watch.

It's a little Mappin and Webb two hander.