closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Monaco 50th Anniversary?

Monaco 50th Anniversary?

I understand that the Monaco is 50 in March but I haven't heard anything about an edition to mark this milestone.

I know there was a GULF Monaco last year to mark 50 years of collaboration between Heuer and GULF but can't find any news of a special edition for the Monaco's big birthday this year.

The main reason I'm interested is that I am also reaching the half-century this year and have been skipping over the Monaco, a watch I really admire, without a good reason for many years, so I thought I might finally take the plunge.

I'm happy with a Calibre 11 (as this is closest to the original, even though I'm drawn to the sunburst of the Cal.12) but wondered if anyone knew whether anything else was due to appear imminently?

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by thefatboy View Post
    I understand that the Monaco is 50 in March but I haven't heard anything about an edition to mark this milestone.

I know there was a GULF Monaco last year to mark 50 years of collaboration between Heuer and GULF but can't find any news of a special edition for the Monaco's big birthday this year.

The main reason I'm interested is that I am also reaching the half-century this year and have been skipping over the Monaco, a watch I really admire, without a good reason for many years, so I thought I might finally take the plunge.

I'm happy with a Calibre 11 (as this is closest to the original, even though I'm drawn to the sunburst of the Cal.12) but wondered if anyone knew whether anything else was due to appear imminently?

Cheers.
    I think we'd be very lucky indeed to see a tasteful and accurate Monaco replica, it will most likely be incredibly garish and nothing like the original (see Autavia Rindt homage and Monza homage).
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    Pushers aside, I think the CAW211P is a lovely re-issue.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I have managed to find a thread on the Calibre 11 forums on this and they claim there will definitely be something coming and it’s likely to be announced around Basel time, so I suppose it’s just a case of wait and see......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OHG1X View Post
    Pushers aside, I think the CAW211P is a lovely re-issue.
    I do agree, it’s a lovely thing, and with the crown on the left and the flat indices, it’s much closer to the original than the Calibre 12.

In truth I’d be happy with either, the Cal.12 is what re-ignited my interest in watches but for some reason I always found a reason not to get one, same with the 11.

Even now I have a budget of about 5k for my 50th and I keep thinking of all the things I could get instead but I’m determined to not get sidetracked this time! :0))

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    I think we'd be very lucky indeed to see a tasteful and accurate Monaco replica, it will most likely be incredibly garish and nothing like the original (see Autavia Rindt homage and Monza homage).
    I’m not clued-up on the Monaco, but was the “classics” version not a relatively good re-edition? I’d always just presumed it was, on account of the Carrera 1964 re-edition being so very spot-on...

Master
    I’m also 50 in March however an impending house move means all finances are now targeted at that. Hopefully in the aftermath there will be some spare cash to indulge myself in something like this. I’ve always liked the Monaco, if they do a 50th anniversary edition I hope it’s good looking and 2nd hand prices dive like most tags do.

Quote Originally Posted by julian2002 View Post
    I’m also 50 in March however an impending house move means all finances are now targeted at that. Hopefully in the aftermath there will be some spare cash to indulge myself in something like this. I’ve always liked the Monaco, if they do a 50th anniversary edition I hope it’s good looking and 2nd hand prices dive like most tags do.

Yes, let’s hope so! Mine’s not until June so a bit of time for prices to drop. If not then there’s always the current offerings, assuming Brexit doesn’t affect the greys too much and the prices hold.....

Sent from my back pocket without my knowledge

Master
    I picked up a CS2210 for around £900 a couple of years ago, intending to flip in on fairly quickly to get a CAW211P, but it has grown on me to the extent that I'm considering having it PVD'd for the 'Dark Lord' look.
    I think a 'Dark Lord' recreation would be an appropriate 50th anniversary edition.
    Last edited by TomGW; 24th February 2019 at 22:50.

Quote Originally Posted by TomGW View Post
    I picked up a CS2210 for around £900 a couple of years ago, intending to flip in on fairly quickly to get a CAW211P, but it has grown on me to the extent that I'm considering having it PVD'd for the 'Dark Lord' look.
    I think a 'Dark Lord' recreation would be an appropriate 50th anniversary edition.
    I also quite like the GULF versions including last year’s 50th anniversary but I can’t get over the blue, I just feel that a Monaco should be blue, perhaps if I can get over that it might make things a bit simpler!

Sent from my back pocket without my knowledge