closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Smart TV Minor Issue

Smart TV Minor Issue

All,

I have the following,

Hisense 55U7A ULED HDR 4K Ultra HD Smart TV

For a while now I have noticed what I can only describe as a broken line of flickers about a centimetre or so long, silver / white that appears from time to time in two different places on the screen. Not at the same time.
    P.
    My concern is that this issue will deteriorate and John Lewis where I got it from may not be as receptive as they should.

The tv is under a year old having been purchased in April 18.

Is there a fix I can do or should I raise it with J L?

I know there are some switched on audio / visual types here.

Best,

Ben

I suspect a hardware fault. If it happens despite what is showing and is not limited to one programme or another, I'd be tempted to contact JL.

Master
    Just contact JL, they're pretty decent at returns etc.

Hello

It happens on different channels and on different apps during playback, so BBC IPlayer / Netflix / Amazon Prime.

Will give it a week or so then contact JL to see what they say. Rather make them aware of it early doors then wait further down the line.

Best,

Ben

Craftsman
    At least you have a 5 year guarantee when bought from JL.

Craftsman
    If you want the same TV replacement than act fast as they may not be able to do a like-for-like.

I had a Panasonic warranty claim (a bit of trim had come un-glued due to the panel temperature) just inside the 5year threshold. They upheld it but couldn’t replace the 55” plasma as it was no longer made :(

A few months ago the doorbell went and they’d sent me a brand new 65” LED, and let me keep the plasma !!!

Hello

Many thanks will get in it ASAP.

Best,

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by burnside View Post
    Many thanks will get on it ASAP.

Best,

Ben

Master
    I get something similar on my penny plasma, happens when switching from 1 channel in the av amp to another, e.g., tv to DVD or ps4 to tv, I have check the HDMI connection and fiddle and it goes away. Not sure if it's a connection or lead issue.

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Have you checked to see if there is firmware update, might be worth a try. Also have a look in avforums to see if you can find a thread for that model and see if others have experienced similar.

Hello

Just checked the firmware and it’s up to date.

Best,

Ben

Journeyman
    I had a Hisense 6000 series from Costco that had similar issues - eventually screen started to go white / garbled and it needed to be replaced. Luckily i was within 90 days of purchase and Costco refunded me in full and I bought it for a cheaper price the same day i returned the broken one as it had been discounted since i last purchased it! The replacement has been perfect.

Master
    May be worth getting some photos of it to show when requesting a return / refund

- - - Updated - - -

May be worth getting some photos of it to show when requesting a return / refund