closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Viagogo ticket sales experience / advice please

Master

Viagogo ticket sales experience / advice please

Has anyone had any experience of selling tickets on the Viagogo site please?
    Just a little concerned that they withold the cash until after the event and “ the ticket buyer successfully gains entry to the event”
    How would they know if they had but said they hadn’t ?

Master
    Blog Entries
    AVOID - only bought from them but never again. They make Ryanair look like John Lewis for customer care.

Craftsman
    Like ebay these days seems to be hit and miss and open to abuse. I have purchased tickets of viagogo as a last resort in the past without any issues.

No experience as a seller I'm afraid.

Master
    Used them a few times as my wife buys to many tickets for Michael Buble concerts for friends that let her down(never to make money before people judge)

They know if the person has entered because each ticket is scanned on way in.

Pay out about 7 to 10 days after concert.

About the only ticket reseller now so not much choice out there.

Mark

Master
    Thanks for the replies,Mark does Viagogo scan the tickets themselves somehow on the way in or do they get that info from the venue ?

I've sold through the a few times when plans have changed e.g. when work want me in a different country on the night someone I've wanted to see for years is playing. They screw the seller and the screw the buyer but you'll get your money.

I’ve never used this service but on the face of it, holding the payment in escrow appears to be a good thing. That said, if someone buys a ticket but fails to show up for the event would the intermediary then refund fhe buyer leaving the seller well and truly screwed?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SeePee View Post
    Thanks for the replies,Mark does Viagogo scan the tickets themselves somehow on the way in or do they get that info from the venue ?
    They get the info from the venue.

Owl1
    I had a bad experience with some David Byrne tickets last year, they did'nt have the seats i originally booked so they sent me downgraded tickets with a 10% discount , with out asking me if this was ok . It wasn't and i had a hard job getting a refund ,which after a few emails and legal threats i got it in the end .Never sold tickets through them .

Master
    Thanks Mark and Owl.

Bought and sold many times. Never an issue.

I guess if after the event the buyer doesn’t complain to Viagogo about being refused entry, it means everything went ok. That’s when the seller gets paid.

Master
    Thanks I think I’ll risk it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post
    That said, if someone buys a ticket but fails to show up for the event would the intermediary then refund fhe buyer leaving the seller well and truly screwed?
    Something like that happened to my colleague. He would never use them again.