closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Planet Ocean: The Full Story Of Omega’s Iconic Modern Dive Watch

Craftsman

Planet Ocean: The Full Story Of Omega’s Iconic Modern Dive Watch

I haven't seen this posted before, so i thought I would share

It's an excellent history of the planet ocean evolution - it's 3 pages with great pictures.... well worth a look

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/planet-...rn-dive-watch/

Thanks for posting. I cannot believe how badly OMEGA screwed up that line of watches.

"Iconic"?

I think Omega nailed it with the first generation. My 2500c is still going strong, running at less than +1s a week.

The 2500 liquid metal version is, in my eyes, the best of the best - though having worn my standard 42mm black bezelled PO at my wedding and both my children's births, l wouldn't swap it for anything.
    I love how simple and functional it is.

Now... on the downside... l think Omega ruined the PO in the years during and following the introduction of the 8500 movement.
    The movement itself, by all accounts technically, is a good one but it made the watch too thick and it lost much of its appeal for me.
    I know that progress is progress, but clockwork is hardly cutting edge - surely it's possible to produce a movement that is both reasonably sized and robust - they were managing in the bloody 60s!
    Just my opinion but those first POs were fantastic.

Interesting read and now bookmarked for future reference. I like the first and second generation models and own an 8500 45.5mm - 232.30.46.21.01.003. However, I'm not a fan of the current line up.

Craftsman
    Guessing not everyone is a fan then 😀

My first recollection of them was the usual browse in the AD window to see these weird new seamasters with round bezels and no waves on the dials - herecy!

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    "Iconic"?
    Yeah... why not? All icons start off as the unknown new boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacemaster View Post
    Guessing not everyone is a fan then 

My first recollection of them was the usual browse in the AD window to see these weird new seamasters with round bezels and no waves on the dials - herecy!
    And the Orange bezel! I remember how drawn l was to it! Though l played it safe with black.

Grand Master
    Great article, first generation 2500 movements are fast becoming one of the most desirable collectors pieces and we see less and less of them each year, I agree with the comments above that the modern versions are not quite hitting the mark but still represent good quality pieces
    RIAC

Master
    Thanks for posting that, I've owned my 8500 45.5mm for nearly 3 years now and it's one watch I won't be flipping. Love the design, the accuracy and the heft to it. I am 6' 4" with large wrists which I think helps😉

Blog Entries
    Probably the 2500 PO has been my favourite watch over the years. Had six of them right enough

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I've nearly bought a 42mm 2500 a few times over the year. Contemplating selling my BB GMT and getting one. Hmm...

Master
    My early chrono PO is a favourite. Black bezel, orange 3, 6, 9, 12.

Thanks for link OP.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk