closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: I need a screw in bar for a PRS-25 Everest (40mm) bracelet

I need a screw in bar for a PRS-25 Everest (40mm) bracelet

Hey everyone. I have a much loved 40mm PRS-25 Everest but I managed to actually lose one of the screw in bars in the bracelet. I have no extras and can't source them from TimeFactors. Anyone have any extras or know of a source? I like this bracelet and want to use it.

Thank you very much for any help you can offer.

Quote Originally Posted by russellfrost View Post
    Hey everyone. I have a much loved 40mm PRS-25 Everest but I managed to actually lose one of the screw in bars in the bracelet. I have no extras and can't source them from TimeFactors. Anyone have any extras or know of a source? I like this bracelet and want to use it.

Thank you very much for any help you can offer.

I would look on the bay, maybe the one screw in bars for oyster bracelet could be ok also for you. I suggest you to measure one of your bracelet and compare its size with the ones for sale on the bay.

Master
    I must admit - I always thought these kind of things were rather generic - and that micro brands would generally obtain their parts from what was readily available?

There are a number of differing ones on e-bay, such as this one for instance http://https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bl....c100008.m2219

so hopefully you'll find something suitable on there?

Good luck

Grand Master
    You really need to measure the existing one, then compare to what’s available. This will a require a decent digital caliper, available for around £20. Measure diameter, overall length, length of threaded portion, and diameter of the threaded section. Armed with this info you can start looking, or ask someone to compare some screwed pins they may have.

That’s how I would tackle it. If you knew exactly what you need someone may be able to help, or to modify an available screw to fit.
    Last edited by walkerwek1958; 23rd February 2019 at 18:11.

Grand Master
    is it worth asking the boss who manufactured the bracelet and asking them for the specs? i once did this for a movement clamp in a microbrand diver i had years ago.
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Thanks for the suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk View Post
    is it worth asking the boss who manufactured the bracelet and asking them for the specs? i once did this for a movement clamp in a microbrand diver i had years ago.
    In fact, that was what I did first. Sadly, he has no stock and Eddie also added that the person who made them has retired. So, no way to get more.

I can't tell you how bummed I am. I love the bracelet but it looks like, unless I can something on ebay, without the parts to fix it, it's just worthless junk.

Thanks for the idea though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    You really need to measure the existing one, then compare to what’s available. This will a require a decent digital caliper, available for around £20. Measure diameter, overall length, length of threaded portion, and diameter of the threaded section. Armed with this info you can start looking, or ask someone to compare some screwed pins they may have.

That’s how I would tackle it. If you knew exactly what you need someone may be able to help, or to modify an available screw to fit.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I suspect if I am to fix it this is what I will have to do.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by russellfrost View Post
    In fact, that was what I did first. Sadly, he has no stock and Eddie also added that the person who made them has retired. So, no way to get more.

I can't tell you how bummed I am. I love the bracelet but it looks like, unless I can something on ebay, without the parts to fix it, it's just worthless junk.

Thanks for the idea though.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the suggestion. I suspect if I am to fix it this is what I will have to do.
    But if you could find out who that was - you might be able to enquire where he got his materials from - one thing is for certain - they won't be bespoke

If I can find the links I removed from my own bracelet, he can have a screw out of those.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    If I can find the links I removed from my own bracelet, he can have a screw out of those.

Eddie
    Thanks very much Eddie. I would greatly appreciate that.

Had an offer

Hey everyone, if you happen to have an extra PRS-25 40mm Version 1 bracelet and you want part with it, please let me know. I had one person contact me with one to sell then they disappeared. I would be interested in paying for extra bracelet links with the screw in bars or complete bracelets.

Thank you very much.