closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Fall back piece

Master

Fall back piece

Over the last crummy year, I've seen most of everything I own dispensed to pay for the onslaught of legal bills (thankfully now largely behind me). I'm currently the owner of one watch, and what is that I hear you ask?!

Well, it was gifted to me by the superb gent that is Dave Seikopath. It's a 37mm Seiko, quartz, titanium with 20mm lugs. Slim, light, easy to read. It's value is more than it'll ever sell for; it represents a friend and his gift, it's always there ready to go, and it's dependable. Would I ever sell it for the potential £40 it could make? NEVER! It's worth much more than the cash.

Anyone got a timepiece that fulfils this same role?

(PS, thanks Dave)

**edit**

I should also add that learningtofly gifted me a G-Shock, which in my embarrassment, I had completely forgotten about until reminded on this thread. He, along with Dave, was very generous to me at a time when I was having a terrible run of it.

I did pay it forward and gave that G-Shock to a mate who broke his watch in an accident. It was some time ago so it had slipped my mind, what with divorce, legal actions, near bankruptcy and police action (fully cleared I might add), my mind has been a little messy of late.

Sincerest apologies to learningtofly, he is of course a top gent as many will attest to.
    Last edited by Filterlab; 21st February 2019 at 11:30. Reason: Added an apology to learningtofly

Oi!!! Where's the G???

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Oi!!! Where's the G???
    Uh-oh...

Should we take cover?

Aw no - can’t watch. I’m switching channel.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Oi!!! Where's the G???

I passed it on to a friend in need. Lost his G in an accident and had no cash due to being off work.

I hope that’s ok? He was very appreciative!

**edit** Actually I think his was a normal Casio as he was a bit shocked by the size! :0D
    Last edited by Filterlab; 20th February 2019 at 18:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post

I passed it on to a friend in need. Lost his G in an accident and had no cash due to being off work.

I hope that’s ok? He was very appreciative!

**edit** Actually I think his was a normal Casio as he was a bit shocked by the size! :0D
    Probably a bit late to be asking, Rob.

Mine's my first proper watch, a Seamaster I bought in 1999:

Or possibly the watch my son loves and which I wear every night.

"A man of little significance"

Master
    Given the watch with the most sentimental attachment for me is also the most expensive it'd probably be the first to go under such dire circumstances.
    Of my low cost pieces it'd probably be the Seiko Orange Monster 'jdm superior' that you'd have to pry from my cold dead hand as it was the first mechanical watch I bought when I became interested in watches (after not wearing one for many years) also have fond memories of entertaining my infant son with the 'clicky' bezel and lume during night feeds and changes so it also have a lot of sentimental value.

Quote Originally Posted by julian2002 View Post
    also have fond memories of entertaining my infant son with the 'clicky' bezel and lume during night feeds and changes so it also have a lot of sentimental value.
    I did/do the same. It’s a nice memory. In fact, a dive bezel was very handy during the early months for timing contraction intervals, medication, sleep duration etc.

Master
    I initially thought my PRS-29a would fit the bill (clear dial, good lume, reasonably rugged) but it is probably my most valuable piece so would have to be the first to go under pressing circumstances. The other one in the collection that meets the requirements would be the CWC G10

Probably thought about this for too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    I did/do the same. It’s a nice memory. In fact, a dive bezel was very handy during the early months for timing contraction intervals, medication, sleep duration etc.
    Wish I'd had one for those days. Only using mine to time egg boiling.

Tapatapatapatapatalk

CWC G10 also here. Just seems to always be there in the background as an old friend...

Master
    Blog Entries
    Guess my nearest would be the Smiths Everest I recently won in Mr Curta's fundraiser. The fact that Laura, his daughter, drew the ticket adds a special note to me.

Perhaps it’s me being a sentimental fool but I have watches and other material things that I know the owner sold needing money, those items I find hard to sell and would definitely contact the original seller first out of courtesy.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Sarb035, one if my first watches I bought and it has had so many temporary lodgers in its watch box

I still wear it regularly and everytime I put it on I wonder why I need anything else