closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Amazon returns issue

Craftsman

Amazon returns issue

Just wondering if anyone else had issue with amazon returns.

I sent back a £400 action camera as the picture quality was not great, usual practice of contacting them within 30 days and explaining why.

I was given a RGA but had to send it back myself and pay for the cost, not a problem and due to the value I used TNT next day tracking.

After 30 days Amazon are still saying they have not received the camera even though I have provided them with the tracking number and a copy of the POD with the persons name on it who signed for it.

All Amazon are saying is that they have not received it back sop will not issue a refund and it is for me to chase TNT. Clearly TNT are saying they have delivered it and provided the POD.

All of this has been done over live chat so far and I have emailed cs-relpy@amazon but don't seem to be getting anywhere.

Is there another route to raise a formal complaint?

Cheers

Neill

Craftsman

Amazon

I returned two CDs recently (both skipping) Amazon accepted my reason for return and emailed a label to put on rtn. packages (at their cost). Dropped off at local PO who scanned labels and sent back. I kept the PO receipts for peace of mind incase the wheel fell off. A few days later I got an email confirming return and after that my a/c was credited. Overall, I couldn't fault the process. I hope you get a successful resolution to your issue.

Master
    My sympathies.

My experience was not such a high value approx 200£ but there was a hiccup on receipt.

I asked the chatline person for an "escalation process" link because "I feel that we are at an impasse and I am being reasonable" and they gave me a number to ring --2 minutes and it was sorted. Did you have a proof of dispatch from TNT ??

I sent mine by royal mail btw.

Good luck

B

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ALindsay View Post
    I returned two CDs recently (both skipping) Amazon accepted my reason for return and emailed a label to put on rtn. packages (at their cost). Dropped off at local PO who scanned labels and sent back. I kept the PO receipts for peace of mind incase the wheel fell off. A few days later I got an email confirming return and after that my a/c was credited. Overall, I couldn't fault the process. I hope you get a successful resolution to your issue.
    Yes that is exactly how any return had worked in the past for me, I just can’t understand how amazon can state not their problem when I have done everything asked and provided a POD :(

Craftsman
    If you paid by credit card, you will have another avenue to get your money back if Amazon don't budge.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    My sympathies.

My experience was not such a high value approx 200£ but there was a hiccup on receipt.

I asked the chatline person for an "escalation process" link because "I feel that we are at an impasse and I am being reasonable" and they gave me a number to ring --2 minutes and it was sorted. Did you have a proof of dispatch from TNT ??

I sent mine by royal mail btw.

Good luck

B
    Yes I had proof of dispatch and delivery.

I tried to start a phone call but that service is not available at the moment, not sure if it was just a time of day thing but will try and arrange a call tomorrow.

Crazy that they can just throw it back at me when I have done as requested and followed up with a POD. I asked what would happen if an amazon parcel signed for that was being delivered to my house but then I said I had not received it? I didn't get an answer......

Craftsman
    After a long conversation over the phone I am still no further forward, they refused to acknowledge that the tracking and POD was evidence that the item had been delivered.

I hope this does not sound racist in anyway but non UK call centres really wind me up, it is though they are just reading off a script and show no compassion at all.

Off to make a claim against my credit card.

Master
    Try phoning late this evening.
    You should get through to an American call centre and those guys are all about Customer Service.
    At least you can have a meaningful conversation without the fear of a script.
    Good luck , hope it works out well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Claret67 View Post
    Try phoning late this evening.
    You should get through to an American call centre and those guys are all about Customer Service.
    At least you can have a meaningful conversation without the fear of a script.
    Good luck , hope it works out well.

I've had to deal with Amazon US Customer Services once: it was like getting blood out of a stone.

I would not order from them unless they were absolutely the only place stocking an item.

Just to clarify, I've never had any issues with Amazon UK. I've had some £200+ earphones that kept breaking down. They replaced them the first time, and then I requested a refund when they broke a second time, which I got immediately.
    Last edited by asteclaru; 19th February 2019 at 22:20.

'Reach out' to them.

Quote Originally Posted by neillp View Post
    Just wondering if anyone else had issue with amazon returns.
    Never. In twenty years.

Master
    Sent a top of the Range Garmin back no problems whatsoever and that was after nearly a year.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Op are you sure you are returning to Amazon? And not a seller on amazon. As mentioned earlier they normally give you a pre paid return label that you print and job done... the fact you had to pay for delivery sounds like your item has come from a third party seller. I have had issues in the past with this and Amazon themselves are normally spot on.. it can be difficult to know at times especially with the sold by 3rd party and fulfilled by Amazon purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by L8_M8 View Post
    Op are you sure you are returning to Amazon? And not a seller on amazon.
    That's an important difference.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Do escalate it - likely that it is an Amazon Marketplace rather than Amazon direct item, but they still have a duty of care to you as a customer using their platform.

Number one in their “13 Leadership Principles” that guide the working mentality of all Amazonians (yes, they call them that!), and really their central tenet, is Customer Obsession. (they should demonstrate that they “work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust”)
    Make them demonstrate that - escalate to the shift manager on the call, and up again if you continue to be dissatisfied.
    State that you thought that was one of their core values. Jeff Bezos is always banging on about it. Make them practice what they preach.

Master
    Some interesting stuff here. For all their alleged failings in terms of business practices, I've always had good returns experiences.

I had a garden lawn feed spreader thing fail after the best part of a year. Contacted them to ask if they could supply a replacement for the small part that failed as I couldn't find elsewhere. They said not but happily gave full refund and even collected it!

Craftsman
    Well it was bought through a 3rd party seller but returned as requested to the main amazon returns deport in Dunfirmline with all the correct returns labels etc printed off the amazon website.

I too have been a Amazon company for many years and never experienced anything like this, to be honest it is the main reason for buying via amazon.

I am not going to let this one go, I have emailed to 2 separate amazon email addresses with a formal complaint and put a claim in against my credit card.

I have also put a claim in through a service called resolver.co.uk and through the online dispute resolution platform.

No response to anything so far but will continue to fight and let you know if any of the above brings success.

Master
    I’ve had great experiences with Amazon returns too, but I generally stick to buying only things fulfilled by Amazon even if not supplied by them.

Was the third party seller overseas? I wonder if they’d forwarded the package back to the seller from the Amazon returns centre?

Mind you, they should be able to explain that to you I’d have thought.

Craftsman
    Success!
    Going through resolver.co.uk paid off, at first they said they couldn't find my account so couldn't help but after a few emails back and forth I finally got the option to leave feedback for the escalation team. When I left negative feedback they wanted to know why and asked if they could call me, I accepted their call and within 5 minutes of speaking to someone who seemed to have a higher level of authority a refund was issued.

Thanks for everyone's advice and input. Going to open a beer!

Cheers

Neill