Master

Bremont Supersonic

Anyone got one? What do you think?

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Still struggling to justify it?

Quote Originally Posted by Skier View Post
    Still struggling to justify it?
    Seriously?

Nobody needs to justify a watch or watch interest do they?
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Seriously?

Nobody needs to justify a watch or watch interest do they?
    I read the quote to enquire about justifying the purchase to themselves not a third party.

OP it’s a nice looking watch but the 12 marker looks like a Mirage III more than Concord and like all things seen, they cannot be unseen, it spoils it for me. It has to come in the coolest watch box ever designed though.

If you like it, go for it

Apprentice
    I’ve been looking at Bremont for a few years now but I think they have got a bit carried away with their pricing. They have some nice looking watches mind you.

I think the Arnold and Son Royal Navy version, for the same money, is better finished and looks better... front and back.
    Last edited by abraxas; 18th February 2019 at 14:21.

Not another "bit of a plane" stuck in another of their watches.......

Blog Entries
    ^^^^

I guess didn't go on the site visit?

Master
    It has some resonance as I was lucky enough to fly on Concorde. Incredible machine.I did go on the site visit and left very impressed. I know it’s not an in house movement, but the bit I can see looks pretty and my Bremont Norton keeps better time than any of my other watches including a drawerful of Rolex.
    Still 10k though!

Btw, I did speak to Skier about this - more about justifying (or hiding from Mrs Berin!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Nice watch, lot of cash for a Bremont and I have three of them. Albeit, my AD told me the 3 SS they received were reserved at full price within 48 hours of release.

The case back and mechanism with the Concorde outline is glorious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn’t particularly taken with the photos, but having seen it in the metal I could seriously be tempted. I like it a lot and it looks very special.

WOS Southampton showing as having one in stock. I’ll be there this week, want me to pick it up for you?

Craftsman
    Some of the Bremont Limited editions have held their price well and if an AD is saying their 3 have already been reserved, that's not a bad indicator for future residuals. A bit of man maths could help you justify your purchase!

I'm a Bremont fan and think their watches look and feel a quality item. Go for it!

Craftsman
    I saw one in person yesterday and have to say that I find the me-too Bremont-style rather inappropriate for this collaboration (or should it be homage..perhaps tribute, well for this watch with another piece of plane inside as one of my learned friends put it so eloquently). The watch design is just not in keeping with the aircraft it is supposedly celebrating. Concorde was cutting edge, and although it turned out to be a last hurrah for the disappearing British aircraft industry, it was intended to be the jumping off point for a new-era of British aircraft manufacture. Concorde was in no way retro and yet this Bremont watch has nothing which speaks to the design ethos of the aircraft or the (unrealised) future it prefaced. Who thought this design in any way appropriate? It's appears to me to be a rather cynical parts-bin special, nothing more (and I speak as someone who has owned an MBII and has rather a liking for the idea of the brand if not their trajectory.)