closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What tool for resizing a bracelet?

What tool for resizing a bracelet?

I recently bought one of these: https://www.ecandersson.com/product/...-arctic-sport/ and it needs its bracelet resizing.

I've only ever resized bracelets before when they've been screws, but this one has what the brand owner described in an email to me as "spring pins which you can punch out using the cylinder side of your spring bar remover tool, and a rubber hammer."

I've taken that as an excuse to get a bracelet tool rather than just using my spring bar remover. Am I right to do that? Will it make it easier/less likely to scratch the bracelet? And if so, please advise as to which tool to go for!

Thanks in advance, o wise ones.

Toby

I’ve got one of those cheapie plastic tools with a screw in plastic plunger which pushes the pin out. It is a right faff to use as you have to make sure everything stays in place and stays flat but has worked for the few times that I have used it.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I've just bought a bracelet block, punches and screwdrivers for resizing my bracelets

Few on here.

Master
    I use my local jeweller, Eskay Jewellers, in Oadby in Leicester for straps and bracelets. He hasn't marked a watch yet.

He also sells straps and can have them made to order.

The message, in case you missed it, is 'Support your local trader'.
    Last edited by Tinker; 20th February 2019 at 00:00.