closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 0 ppm / Raceglaze hose filters; anyone use one?

0 ppm / Raceglaze hose filters; anyone use one?

I live in a very hard water area, despite drying my cars I can still sometimes end up with some run streaks or watermarks. Has anyone tried a 0 ppm filter to remove any scale/minerals? I’d be very grateful for experiences and recommendations. I know my window cleaner uses something like this for a streak free finish. I guess it’s worth a try.

TIA

I have a soft outside tap, doesn’t get rid of all the streaks but it helps,

0ppm is a big claim

Master
    Blog Entries
    Raceglaze is quality stuff but you can probably find cheaper variants? Let the water run through slowly and no need to dry car even in sun. Water spots are the dried calcium deposits in hard water

Master
    Last year I bought my dad a setup from these people https://www.daqua.co.uk/divessels.htm as he’d bought his first ever black car and was soon regretting the decision come wash time.

Very pleased with the results, as already mentioned no nasty white spots even if not dried properly.

Craftsman
    That looks very similar to the Raceglaze unit that I bought a year ago. Also have a black car and it’s a great piece of kit, preventing water spots. I also got a cheap water tester like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Multifuncti...ter+ppm+tester and it started at 0ppm and after a lot of car washes later is still at only 16ppm.
    The easiest way is to use the filtered water in a watering can after the usual rinse from the hosepipe. Then leave it to dry, job jobbed.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mac View Post
    Last year I bought my dad a setup from these people https://www.daqua.co.uk/divessels.htm as he’d bought his first ever black car and was soon regretting the decision come wash time.

Very pleased with the results, as already mentioned no nasty white spots even if not dried properly.
    That's the one I use, it does the job well. Just replace the resin when it stops being effective. Need a PPM meter to keep a check on how the resin is doing but cheap enough.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Master
    I’ve got the raceglaze kit and a ppm reader. It’s bloody amazing, had it a good few years and changed the resin a few times. Dries brilliantly, fewer chances of swirls as less touching.

Occasionally it’s not perfect if the wind blows dust onto the water as it’s drying, but that aside I’d replace mine tomorrow if I needed to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk