closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any plumbers out there? dishwasher cold water feed connection question

Master

Any plumbers out there? dishwasher cold water feed connection question

Morning all,

I said to a neighbour id help them connect their dishwasher, thinking it would be a 2 min job, but was a bit flummoxed by the connector on the cold water feed?

Before I start hacking it off I thought id ask some experts!

Ive had a look on screw-fix but cant see anything that will mate with it.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Thread about the connector here: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/e...nector.417453/

Best to read through that and the associated links to see if your questions are answered in there. What I've just read suggests it's a flood limiting valve (so long as the excess water is within the device) and can only be replaced in its entirety. No mention of how to connect to it, though if you can find the manual online that should help.

I just searched for the number on the device: 40010188
    Last edited by hughtrimble; 17th February 2019 at 12:44.

Master
    Thank you, Thats great.

Ill see if I can take the aqua stop off and take it to a plumbers to find a suitable connection.......or just ditch it and use the standard connector.

Looks like check valve might screw into blue part: -

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Simple question from a non plumber couldn’t you just replace the pipe with a standard feed and shut off valve is it worth the faffing around?

Not really a faff once know what connector involved and it does serve a purpose to help prevent leaks.
    If I remember correctly think mine is ‘hard-plumbed’ into the washer anyway.

My dishwasher has one of these and it just screwed onto the quarter turn wmc tap...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post

I was hoping that it would fit directly onto a standard check valve (3/4" 19mm) but the dishwasher aqua-stop nut is @25mm as you can see in my pic, so need some sort of converter.

Quote Originally Posted by pembers View Post
    I was hoping that it would fit directly onto a standard check valve (3/4" 19mm) but the dishwasher aqua-stop nut is @25mm as you can see in my pic, so need some sort of converter.
    Try 22mm - something like this (remove nut an olive from one end) then adapt the other down to 15mm if you need to.

https://www.toolstation.com/isolating-valve-cp/p91816
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pembers View Post
    I would have thought a 3/4” fitting would do the job, I think that’s the internal rather than external diameter, so external diameter is likely to be 25mm.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stuie-t View Post
    I would have thought a 3/4” fitting would do the job, I think that’s the internal rather than external diameter, so external diameter is likely to be 25mm.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Great I hope so!

Thanks for all your input. Ill let you know how it goes, so you can all sleep soundly! lol

Master
    I Fitted ours today in today it had something similar to that on the end,
    It just screwed on to the cold water feed as normal.
    Looking at the book it’s a filter.
    Last edited by golf; 17th February 2019 at 19:10.

Evening,

you've probably worked it out by now but just in case you're still struggling.. you need a washing machine valve like this one https://www.screwfix.com/p/washing-m...e-15mm-x/51231 either with or without check valve. The pipe you've pictured has an integrated anti-flood device. You could replace with a std supply pipe if reqd but no real benefit TBH.

The 3/4 end is 25mm approx, just popped out to check one in the 'shed' see rubbish pic below.

HTH

jeff

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    Evening,

you've probably worked it out by now but just in case you're still struggling.. you need a washing machine valve like this one https://www.screwfix.com/p/washing-m...e-15mm-x/51231 either with or without check valve. The pipe you've pictured has an integrated anti-flood device. You could replace with a std supply pipe if reqd but no real benefit TBH.

The 3/4 end is 25mm approx, just popped out to check one in the 'shed' see rubbish pic below.

HTH

jeff
    Nice one, cheers, Im sorting it out tomorrow evening now, needed some other bits for it to, so ordered from screw-fix for collection tomorrow.

Ill keep you updated!