closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex Day Date 36 Strap to Bracelet?

Craftsman

Rolex Day Date 36 Strap to Bracelet?

I’m thinking of got Rolex Day Date 36 on a strap. Does any one know if Rolex can swop out the strap for a president white gold?and at cost?
    Last edited by Dandandanman; 27th February 2019 at 22:30.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandandanman View Post
    I’ve got Rolex Day Date 36 on a strap. Does any one know if Rolex can swop out the strap for a president white gold?and at cost?
    Well, I think you’l find Rolex quoting something around £8000 for a bracelet. Cheaper to sell the watch and buy another which already has a bracelet.
    I do agree that a Day Date needs the ‘President’ bracelet....it’s the best bit.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    Well, I think you’l find Rolex quoting something around £8000 for a bracelet. Cheaper to sell the watch and buy another which already has a bracelet.
    I do agree that a Day Date needs the ‘President’ bracelet....it’s the best bit.
    Sorry but I disagree. Those big gaudy bracelets give Rolex a bad name. If you wear a gold Presidential bracelet, then all you are doing is spending a lot of money to make yourself look cheap. They just scream "ROLEX - LOOK AT ME" every time you wear it.

Take a leaf out of the book of PP, put a good gold watch on a leather strap, it is much more discreet.

Master

Rolex Day Date 36 Strap to Bracelet?

We can all disagree; no problem there. But I am a bit puzzled because all Oyster models come on bracelets. And the President bracelet is just better looking and far more comfortable. It doesn’t have to come in yellow gold, which I also find a bit much. The ‘hidden’ clasp is so neat and elegant.
    Have you ever worn one? Amazingly flexible and comfy. And as no-one seems to notice, or care, I don’t view it as ‘flashy’, that would worry me.
    Come to think of it, what’s your view on this, leather strap......
    Two-tone, which I usually dislike, but it’s ok here. To me, anyway. It seems ‘posher’ on the wrist than the Day Date, which looks like a Datejust when in white metal.
    So, I’l stick to the view that the 36mm DD deserves a bracelet..because the OP talks of white gold. Which works...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by paskinner; 18th February 2019 at 12:45.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I think I would have to agree with Peter.

Dont think I would wear a yellow gold Day/date on bracelet, far to much in your face but would happily wear the white gold/ platinum version as it would generate a lot less looks from passers by.

Master
    Wouldn't doing this effectively mean the serial number was incorrect? I could imagine Rolex saying no.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    Sorry but I disagree. Those big gaudy bracelets give Rolex a bad name. If you wear a gold Presidential bracelet, then all you are doing is spending a lot of money to make yourself look cheap. They just scream "ROLEX - LOOK AT ME" every time you wear it.

Take a leaf out of the book of PP, put a good gold watch on a leather strap, it is much more discreet.
    I tend to agree wrt to the yellow gold bracelets but the OP is talking white gold.

Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post

Dont think I would wear a yellow gold Day/date on bracelet, far to much in your face but would happily wear the white gold/ platinum version as it would generate a lot less looks from passers by.
    Exactly what I think. The platinum version doesn't have the totally naff (IMO) fluted bezel, either.

I love wearing my Y/G DD on its president bracelet.

I did consider getting one on a strap, but then slapped myself!

As I would have been a hypocritic.

For me a DD has to be on a President Bracelet.

Master
    Blog Entries

President Bracel

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post
    I love wearing my Y/G DD on its president bracelet.

I did consider getting one on a strap, but then slapped myself!

As I would have been a hypocritic.

For me a DD has to be on a President Bracelet.

A 1977 1803 one of the last.
    For me too a Day-Date should only have a President bracelet full stop. Especially in yellow 18kt gold big ball all in :-)

M

Grand Master
    In my opinion, all the Oyster cased Rolex watches only look right on the bracelet. Recently I`ve developed a liking for the 36mm Day Date in yellow gold, but it would have to be on the bracelet and much as I like the watch it is a bit OTT for the places I frequent.

As for the OPs question, my guess is that Rolex could supply one at a price.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandandanman View Post
    I’ve got Rolex Day Date 36 on a strap. Does any one know if Rolex can swop out the strap for a president white gold?and at cost?
    If you have a reference 118138 with the strap + endlinks then a bracelet wont fit, its a different case. If you have a case ref 118238 for instance then buying a bracelet is no problem, except for maybe the price. Its about 14500 GBP give or take.