Master

Here's mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blimey - big crown and big pushers 😱

Master
    nice of you to notice

Craftsman
    Go on then, although I figure this could be the worlds shortest thread!

I would if I could, but it’s at the menders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaEchoAlpha View Post
    Go on then, although I figure this could be the worlds shortest thread!

Have to admit - never heard of that make. That's a beautiful watch and great photo, though!

One of the few watches I wish I hadn't sold.

I wish you’d sold it to me
    I was too slow!

Hanhart is an old company, around since 1882 but not a big company for wristwatches, they've mostly made stopwatches over the last 130+ years.

I love my Hanharts. Solid German made Fricker cases and accurate Swiss movements. They look a bit archaic but they should, the original designs are 80 years old. They have newer designs but I prefer the older coin-edge bezel styles.

Hand winding Tachy-Tele, the movement is a modified Valjoux 7760.

Pioneer One Limited Editions. The stainless is the Watchbuys LE, one of 150. The dark watch is the German Watchlounge version, one of 61.

1939 Re-Issue LE, one of 250 (the ones without the red bezel markers and pushers are from an LE run of 2500). I like that the case back says "Made in Germany" (and everything else) in actual German.

This is mine, from a thread I posted in 2013. I still have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    About 8 months ago was I invited to a good friend’s house for Sunday lunch – roast lamb, and very nice it was too.

Just after lunch, my friend, who wears an old beaten up Rolex Oyster (he is a builder by trade) but has never expressed an interest in watches, handed me a envelope which contained a press cutting from his local new paper. The article was about how a near-by auction room recently sold a “Luftwaffe” watch. The watch in question was a 1940 Hanhart, smooth bezel Cal 40. Ohh nice I thought, as I have been been on the lookout for Steve McQueen 417 ES version of the same watch myself .
    Therefore imagine my surprise when he produced this!!

Ratty I think you would agree, but rare. We just did not know then quite how rare.
    Anyway my friend asked my opinion and we both agreed that it was well worth getting it restored. Plus I knew just the person to help us.
    The watch was duly dispatched to Andrew Leftly at Time World Services (a member here and on the MWF) who I have had the pleasure to meet and view is rather own impressive collection of military timepieces at the SWGTG a couple of year back.
    As warned by Andrew, days turned to weeks and week turned to months – well he did have to find the right parts (handset and crown, cannon wheel, etc) , but last week I got the call to tell me it was finally finished and here is the result.

Stunning I am sure you would agree for a 73 year old watch.

Very rare yes! But perhaps more importantly, the earliest known example of this particular watch - number 20 ! Possibility even a pre-production model or from the initial production run.

How it turned up in the UK remains a mystery, as does whether or not it was issued to the Luftwaffe as it’s not marked. But even so it’s a very nice thing to have.
    Perhaps it also demonstrates that “barn finds” still exist and perhaps one day it will be my turn to find something like this in my local auction room, 2nd hand or charity shop.
    Hope, unlike mains, springs eternal.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Thanks for the responses so far!
    Some lovely watches on show
    I saw 2 stunning “ McQueen” type 417’s on Saturday in a local independent dealer and it rekindled the interest in buying one of the later reissues.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    This is mine, from a thread I posted in 2013. I still have it.
    Wow that is very special Andy, absolutely love that. If watches could talk eh....were there any markings on the inside of the caseback or the movement?

Quote Originally Posted by Cat7 View Post
    Wow that is very special Andy, absolutely love that. If watches could talk eh....were there any markings on the inside of the caseback or the movement?

Not really. I got the impression that the watch had never been serviced until it went to Andrew.

The movement number did however match the case, so they did leave the factory as a pair.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Here is my white dial chronograph from the late 90's. Quality and finish still amaze me every time I take it out of the box.

Craftsman
    Thread from the dead! This weekend I travelled to Usedom in northern Germany to visit the Hangar 10 collection, as they had their annual 'fly in' weekend. Hangar 10 house several airworthy World War 2 fighters, noteably 2 Me109s and an FW190.

I couldn't resist wearing my Hanhart!

http://hangar10.de/en/news/382-neuer...4-im-hangar-11

Issued Bund.

Here is a Hanhart thread I did at MWR still a few you can see photobucket ruined a lot of them.
    https://www.mwrforum.net/forums/show...t=show+Hanhart