closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Boodles Theives Caught

Craftsman

Boodles Theives Caught

A daily mail link but glad to see these folks have been caught.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-robbery.html

1-0 to the good guys

Grand Master
    Bring back capital punishment, might deter some of these idiots. The guy whotried to stop them could’ve ended up dead, we need some deterrent to stoo the use if deadly weapons. Wouldn’t deter all, but it would deter some. Harsh, but it’s what they deserve. We’re far too soft in this country, harsher sentences are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Bring back capital punishment, might deter some of these idiots. The guy whotried to stop them could’ve ended up dead, we need some deterrent to stoo the use if deadly weapons. Wouldn’t deter all, but it would deter some. Harsh, but it’s what they deserve. We’re far too soft in this country, harsher sentences are needed.
    Do you really think this contentious comment is appropriate for Watch Talk? I don't.

Works in America where they have zero crime.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    Do you really think this contentious comment is appropriate for Watch Talk? I don't.
    Genuinely don't know if you're being serious ?

Quote Originally Posted by 01101001 View Post
    Works in America where they have zero crime.

Hehe. Stops the reoffending though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Genuinely don't know if you're being serious ?
    Absolutely. Capital Punishment is highly contentious and would be best discussed, in my view in the Bear Pit, described thus by our host: "If you want to express strong views, then do it here and leave the rest of the forums alone."

I've always thought that the guys on forums etc who say that they couldn't stand by and watch and would give the scrotes a good hiding are somewhat deluded - note that the guy that did try to stop them got slashed across the knee with an axe and stabbed in the back. He now has a permanent limp and a variety of other problems.

A year or so ago I was outside my clients office having a vape. We were adjacent to the Channel 4 building which always had about a dozen bikes parked in a row down the perimeter wall and I was actually standing in that spot when 4 guys turned up an two scooters and proceeded to try to nick a large sportsbike that was about ten feet away from me. They were all large guys and were carrying a variety of weapons including a hammer and what looked like a length of pipe. When one of them invited me to try to stop them I determined fairly quickly that my life was of more value than someone else's insured motorbike. (That said, a few seconds later about about 4 guys came hurtling out of Channel 4 and set about the scum, who quickly mounted their scooters again and rode off. However, these guys were mob handed and built like brick sh*thouses, so not quite the same as one smallish bloke on his own, trying to have a vape!
    Last edited by learningtofly; 16th February 2019 at 17:15.

Craftsman
    US sentences are extremely harsh.....And is there less crime than there? Just ends up with 2M of the population being locked up for extended periods of time at huge cost to the tax payer.

In this country we have approx 0.16% of the population locked up (which is the highest in the EU)
    In the US they have approx 1% of the population locked up.
    Last edited by Rich; 16th February 2019 at 16:47.

Craftsman
    I’m sure I read that the Met Police have the “go ahead” to hit them off the mopeds now, even if they don’t have a helmet on as they thought that the police wouldn’t chase them now. That alone is a good deterrent as there is nothing stopping the police from just hitting them off their transport and arresting them.

In terms of by standers, credit to the witness there but chances are these scum will do anything to get away even if that means adding to their rap sheet

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    US sentences are extremely harsh.....And is there less crime than there? Just ends up with 2M of the population being locked up for extended periods of time at huge cost to the tax payer.

In this country we have approx 0.16% of the population locked up (which is the highest in the EU)
    In the US they have approx 1% of the population locked up.
    I've read that it's become a profitable business locking citizens up, a multi billion dollar industry. I imagine that from an investors standpoint it is almost uniquely recession proof.
    Last edited by Passenger; 16th February 2019 at 17:27.

Bring back capital punishment
    Last edited by Holsterman; 16th February 2019 at 17:53.

Craftsman

Wink

It’s great that they were caught, but why is it when it comes to similar stories, it’s always a link to sh*t rags like Daily Mail?!
    Are there no other outlets carrying watch robbery stories? It’s nice to read these stories without inadvertently funding hate!
    Last edited by mutanthands; 16th February 2019 at 18:30.

Quote Originally Posted by mutanthands View Post
    It’s great that they were caught, but why is it when it comes to similar stories, it’s always a link to sh*t rags like Daily Mail?!
    Are there no other outlets carrying watch robbery stories? It’s nice to read these stories without inadvertently funding hate!
    Lots of Mail readers on here.

Craftsman
    Daily mail app to keep myself occupied when looking busy at work :D

Craftsman
    How else would we know what was happening with Emily Ratajkowski bikini collection! One does not simply peruse the daily mail for high quality journalism.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean89 View Post
    How else would we know what was happening with Emily Ratajkowski bikini collection! One does not simply peruse the daily mail for high quality journalism.
    Fine collection is that one ! Take that over any time peice

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    Absolutely. Capital Punishment is highly contentious and would be best discussed, in my view in the Bear Pit, described thus by our host: "If you want to express strong views, then do it here and leave the rest of the forums alone."
    One could assume then by having an strong opinion that in itself would be viewed as contentious . Whereby dividing opinion or creating thought and provocation would be seen as reporting which would benefit the audience ?

Craftsman
    Great news indeed.

Most research and real world data suggests the complete opposite
    https://amp.businessinsider.com/why-...essful-2014-12

Glad they caught them. Jewelry, hand bags etc are an easy/obvious target.

Good lord!

Quote Originally Posted by Holsterman View Post
    Incredible post - not quite sure what you mean. An isolated full stop can mean so many things these days.

Pre-edited it said “Nutter”

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Pre-edited it said “Nutter”
    Must have had the PM.

Craftsman
    Good news.. ruthless these days

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alexaff View Post
    Good lord!
    I think his post has been made to look worse by some typo’s and predictive text changes. I first read it as us needing to use deadly weapons but if is supposed to be of I’d say. As in we need to stop the use of deadly weapons.

I agree with part of the sentiment though, we were too soft on these moped thieves. It’s changed slightly now for the ‘better’ in that the police are using stronger stop tactics.

I can’t say I’m as shocked as some people seem to be on here about his comment though, we’re talking about prolific scumbags who often stab, beat, throw acid and as a result have killed to steal from people. Can’t say I have much time for them to be honest.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    I think his post has been made to look worse by some typo’s and predictive text changes. I first read it as us needing to use deadly weapons but if is supposed to be of I’d say. As in we need to stop the use of deadly weapons.

I agree with part of the sentiment though, we were too soft on these moped thieves. It’s changed slightly now for the ‘better’ in that the police are using stronger stop tactics.

I can’t say I’m as shocked as some people seem to be on here about his comment though, we’re talking about prolific scumbags who often stab, beat, throw acid and as a result have killed to steal from people. Can’t say I have much time for them to be honest.
    If you are commiting crime then I think you are releasing your rights to human rights so I think you are then fair game to any law enforcement tactics that are deemed necessary to curtail your activities .

I use this: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...bofhi?hl=en-GB