closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Moscow - Hotel recommendations

Moscow - Hotel recommendations

Hi All,
    SWMBO and I are considering Moscow for a week or so in June and I would like to ask the collective for any hotel recommendations (from experience preferably).

We have looked at the big boys and rooms seem to be £200+ a night, anything as nice but a bit cheaper?

Also any hints, tips and places to visit would be much appreciado.

Regards,

Si

That's All Folks

Could it really be that I am the first person from this site to visit Moscow?

Anybody with any helpful tips on places to see or things to keep us amused (I mean what's the watch shopping like?).

Cheers,

Si

Do the metro, the stations are fabulous, I can't recommend any hotels as the half dozen or so times I went was arranged by my employer and I was collected from the airport and don't recall the names, Red Square is obvious, taxis used to try it on so agree a price before the journey, wish I'd visited the Bolshoi as it looks the business from the outside, even in May it can snow and be biting cold, sorry other than a big river lots of shops and a mix of architecture it's like most other big cities.

n2
    Last edited by number2; 25th February 2019 at 04:42.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

I have stayed in most of the corporate hotels in Moscow and they are all much of a muchness. My personal preference would be the Moscow Marriott Royal Aurora, which is very handy for Red Square, etc.

The Hilton Leningradskaya is not bad - a historical landmark though not so conveniently located.

As Number2 says, take the metro rather than taxis. The metro is fantastic - both architecture and service - and you can get a travel pass at most every station. They also accept Apple Pay but you have to pre-register.

If you’re going in June then seriously consider taking the Sapsan high speed train up to St Pete (just under 4 hours). St Petersburg is a beautiful city and I find it far more friendly than Moscow. You will be a month or so early for the official “White Nights” but don’t let that stop you.